"Bill" or "Coach"?

proline

Reaction score
I've been noticing this year that quite a few of the players, both rookies and veterans, call Parcells "Bill". I guess maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think that does not show as much respect as calling him "Coach".

Did players call Landry "Tom" back in the day? My guess is, not many ...

Thoughts?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was wondering if anyone else noticed the "Bill" thing. I don't really think it's a problem, though. He might have told them to call him Bill, but I doubt it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
u kno bill....if he had a prob wit it..they wouldnt be doing it

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Its all about respect. if You say ''Bill'' with real respect, its no diff. than ''coach'' i think,.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
proline said:
I've been noticing this year that quite a few of the players, both rookies and veterans, call Parcells "Bill". I guess maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think that does not show as much respect as calling him "Coach".

Did players call Landry "Tom" back in the day? My guess is, not many ...

Thoughts?
How about they call him Duane.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Parcells and Knight are very good friends.

Knight lost his job at Indiana, because a kid called him Knight.

Whenever I meet a coach (college or pro, in any sport), I call him Coach so and so. Just the way I was raised. I have met people that call their teachers or babysitters Ms. (followed by their first name). Although calling Parcells, Mr. Bill... would make me laugh for days.

To me it is a level of respect that is earned. I notice it more and more in interviews nowadays, that these kids/men dont get the respect thing (I blame it all on this "timeout" discipline concept, haha) . Its kinda like addressing a Dr., or Prof., as such.