"Coach In Training" = Bad Idea

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Bringing in Wade Phillips with Jason Garrett as the coach in training is a piss poor idea. If this happens, we're in deep trouble. Too bad Bob Stoops decided to stay at OU. He would have been the perfect hire.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:horse:

I think there's a little hide left. Carry on with this nonsense.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1333697 said:
Bringing in Wade Phillips with Jason Garrett as the coach in training is a piss poor idea. If this happens, we're in deep trouble. Too bad Bob Stoops decided to stay at OU. He would have been the perfect hire.

Why would Wade Phillips go for that, knowing he was out in a couple of years anyway for Garrett?

"Right turn Clyde"

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The Cowboys have supposively seeked permission to contact Wade. But my guess it is more for the defensive side of the ball... defensive coordinator that is.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of bringing in Norv Turner along with Jason Garrett as the heir apparent.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1333703 said:
Why would Wade Phillips go for that, knowing he was out in a couple of years anyway for Garrett?

"Right turn Clyde"
I'm hoping Wade Phillips stays far away from Dallas.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1333718 said:
I'm hoping Wade Phillips stays far away from Dallas.
Yeah, we know. You've started umpteen threads about it. Everyone gets it. You don't like Bum's son. Change the record. Make it a sig statement. Move on.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1333721 said:
Yeah, we know. You've started umpteen threads about it. Everyone gets it. You don't like Bum's son. Change the record. Make it a sig statement. Move on.

He has? Where? :confused:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1333719 said:
The thought of Norv and his pock marked face makes me kind of queasy. LOL

the thought of reading another of your troll posts is equally as nauseating

David

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

lol well u shouldn;t take everything said in the media to heart. besides nobody has said dallas is even bringing in either. they're just talking to them, as they will be talking to many other coaches. take a break, and just enjoy nomore parcells

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with Wade Phillips or Norv Turner....improve your offense and grow your QB...improve your 3-4 defense with the guy responsible for most of Merriman's glory (if you believe it's the scheme and that Ware is just as good)...how could you be against bringing in one of the top 3-4 guys...I thought that's what people wanted.

Either way, I also like bringing in Jason Garrett as a coordinator and future HC....no one says it would be in a couple of years...that would all depend on how long Phillips/Norv stuck with it, their success, and how long it took Jason to prepare for the top job...this would be his first coordinator's experience.

Wade Phillips is not a guy on the tip of my tongue, but I don't think it's a bad decision if it happens...we all need to keep in mind that we actually know less about coaches than JJ does...all we know is big recognizable names in college or the NFL...that doesn't always mean much.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Is there anyone who doesn't have ties to Oklahoma or are Oklahoma fans who would support Bob Stoops?

jimmy40

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1333947 said:
Is there anyone who doesn't have ties to Oklahoma or are Oklahoma fans who would support Bob Stoops?
I don't know why but I actually think Stoops would do well in Dallas and I don't think anyone can accuse me of having Oklahoma ties.:)

jimmy40

Reaction score
jimmy40;1334024 said:
I don't know why but I actually think Stoops would do well in Dallas and I don't think anyone can accuse me of having Oklahoma ties.:)
Actually I do know why, because Stoops is a hell of a coach and he's unbelievably arrogant, perfect for Jerry Jones.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jimmy40;1334030 said:
Actually I do know why, because Stoops is a hell of a coach and he's unbelievably arrogant, perfect for Jerry Jones.

Should we leave you alone while you talk amongst yourself? :D

DipChit

Reaction score
I think coordinators in training is worse than a HC in training. Except maybe in cases where the HC is offensive minded and going to be the one calling the plays anyhow. Then the OC might not matter much but he'd still have to have a heck of a DC to be successful.

And if the HC is defensive minded then he prolly needs stout coordinators in both slots.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1334032 said:
Should we leave you alone while you talk amongst yourself? :D
Too late, you ruined my train of thought. :D

BlueStar22

Reaction score
jimmy40;1334030 said:

So was Spurrier. He was so arrogant to think the Fun n Gun would work in the NFL.