"Dallas relaxed in the 2nd half".....

newlander

Reaction score
I just heard Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press tell a Chicago sports radio show(Borrs and Bernstein on 670 AM) that Dallas really let up after half time.....this was told to Sharp from Nate Burleson: Lions 2nd Wide Receiver....... Well, that's certainly not Romo's fault.:bang2:

.......we have alot of youngsters: sure hope they learned a lesson.

Ren

Reaction score
People are looking for any and all excuses for Romo now, even if they relaxed they would have won if not for Romo

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;4163879 said:
People are looking for any and all excuses for Romo now, even if they relaxed they would have won if not for Romo

Exactly. I've been a supporter of Romo's for quite some time, but even I can see Romo pissed this game away. So sad.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I "relaxed" too.

Was doing a family thing and couldnt get to TV.

Saw a highlight of 17-3, saw Dez make an amazing catch. Figured we won that game.

I WAS STUNNED when I saw 30-34

True Story!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Garrett and Ryan ain't havin' that............sorry.

newlander

Reaction score
I'm NOT excusing what Romo did...but I thought this team was smarter than that...more professional. But with all the injuries and kids playing....plus Romo's brain farts...perfect storm.:banghead:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
newlander;4163875 said:
I just heard Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press tell a Chicago sports radio show(Borrs and Bernstein on 670 AM) that Dallas really let up after half time. Well, that's certainly not Romo's fault.:bang2:

So some sportswriter dispensed his wisdom about what happened, using the hoariest of cliches ("they let up"), and we're supposed to see that as something meaningful? What does "really let up" mean, anyway?

On our first possession after halftime, we drove right down the field for a TD.
On the Lions' first possession, they gained one 1st down and then punted.
On our third possession (the second was a one-play INT), we gained 31 yards on 6 plays (all positive gains) before the INT.
On our fourth possession, we drove right down the field for a FG.
It wasn't until the Lions' next possession and the 4th quarter that they scored an offensive TD.

So did we "really let up" only in the 4th quarter, after they were already back in the game? That seems odd. Or is a sportswriter just spewing whatever comes into his head on a radio show?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They could have just ran the ball 3 times every possession in the second half. All being 3 and outs and we still would have probably won. Yes Tony messed up but Jason better either find a legit running back or start mixing up some runs

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Romo's blunderous int's were trumped by our lackadaisical Chinese fire drill tackling failure. We made Bobby Carpenter and Chris Houston look like Devin Hester on steroids. Relaxed is an understatement.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Ring Leader;4163962 said:
Romo's blunderous int's were trumped by our lackadaisical Chinese fire drill tackling failure. We made Bobby Carpenter and Chris Houston look like Devin Hester on steroids. Relaxed is an understatement.

After looking at the replays of both INTs you gotta ask yourself it this team practices INT return tackling....because it was a sad joke.They should have not scored.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well Romo still threw the two pick sixes that helped give the Lions the juice to come back.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas had relaxed, they wouldn't have been throwing passes with a 24 point lead. The Cowboys attacked all game. Unfortunately, Romo threw it all away. I don't normally blame on player, but this game is the exception. Yes, Garrett's situational play calling is suspect, but....Tony, Tony, Tony....

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MetalHead;4164018 said:
After looking at the replays of both INTs you gotta ask yourself it this team practices INT return tackling....because it was a sad joke.They should have not scored.
Very true. Neither of those was the "CB jumps the route and streaks down the sideline with nobody around" type pick-6. If they stop the player on either of them, things could have gone very differently.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think teams do have a tendency to do this, sometimes it's just a natural human tendency.

But you have to treat 60 minutes like a war ground. You have to keep FOCUS throughout the entire game, and you have to learn how to put the dagger in, and twist it, (sorry for the graphic description)

You can't get cocky and get lazy because you've been dominating a team, you have to treat them like an enemy that only needs one piece of motivation to take you out. We don't know how to be champions yet, from top to bottom.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Ren;4163879 said:
Yes, Romo cost the team 14 points, while throwing 3 TDs & putting the team in FG range multiple times. I guess he did NOTHING in that game to help the team WIN. :rolleyes:

Zman5

Reaction score
JG and Romo's brain went to sleep for sure.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
newlander;4163875 said:
I just heard Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press tell a Chicago sports radio show(Borrs and Bernstein on 670 AM) that Dallas really let up after half time.....this was told to Sharp from Nate Burleson: Lions 2nd Wide Receiver....... Well, that's certainly not Romo's fault.:bang2:

We didn't relax at all. We scored on our opening drive of the 2nd half. Then we proceeded to screw up.

newlander

Reaction score
" Or is a sportswriter just spewing whatever comes into his head on a radio show?[/quote]"

..........the sportwriter QUOTED Nate Burleson, the Lions #2 WR as saying we let up. Just as I wrote in the original post: Reading is hard sometimes.;)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Even with Romo's two interceptions returned for a TD (one not his fault), the score was still 27-17 and then soon after, 30-17. Romo didn't lose this game all by himself.

Maybe some big honcho in Vegas had a lot of money on Detroit. ;)

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SultanOfSix;4164152 said:
Even with Romo's two interceptions returned for a TD (one not his fault), the score was still 27-17 and then soon after, 30-17. Romo didn't lose this game all by himself.

Maybe some big honcho in Vegas had a lot of money on Detroit. ;)
Well, to be fair, he did throw a pretty awful interception after that.