"He's not necessarily a punt returner anyway"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stanback was practicing fielding punts today. i know Wade saying hes not necessarily a punt returner is more important than what Wade has Stanback doing and we should panic.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1590657 said:
Well, I figured it out the moment we drafted him.

He "necessarily is" a phenomenal athlete who will take a year or two to develop. Not a big deal since he was a 4th round draft pick, and they rarely contribute as rookies on playoff contenders. Show me a team that is counting and depending on their Day 2 picks to play huge roles for them as rookies, and I'll show you a team that sucks.

The Houston Texans oh wait they suck never mine;)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1590702 said:
I'd rather him focus on WR anyways. We have Crayton and Newman already, so we are pretty set. He was a home run pick...from what Ireland said after the draft there were other teams looking at him right around where we took him.

Wait Crayton can not play wr he was a college QB 1st so no way he has developed into a wr you are making it up :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parchy, it looks like 'Thursday' is your day in the barrel. I'd like to help you out, but I got nuthin'.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I'm happy having Stanback tryout for punt returning duties, but given his total lack of experience with punt returns in college, nobody knows if he has that special knack for punt returns ....

And if he doesn't, fine.

On draft day, many were projecting him as this season's punt returner. And that wasn't realistic, IMO.

Giving him a chance to win that job is one thing, expecting him to win it is quite another.