"Hulk Smash"

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Does anyone have an animated gif or video montage of Demarcus Ware's "Hulk Smash" celebration after big plays??

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Although I loved the many sacks on Turkey Day, I would much rather see the Hulk Smash celebration than the funky chicken they were doing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rexrobinson;2456781 said:
Although I loved the many sacks on Turkey Day, I would much rather see the Hulk Smash celebration than the funky chicken they were doing.
That was the funky turkey.

Section446

Reaction score
rexrobinson;2456781 said:
I really wasn't a fan of the dance everyone was doing on Thursday. I know it was all fun and games amongst the defensive players but it looked ridiculous. The best sack celebration in the NFL is Ware's.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2456771 said:
Ratliff was doing it too.

Ratliff does a variation of it, Ware "charges up" usually before he does it, Ratliff just beasts out.

Section446

Reaction score
TheCount;2456801 said:
Ratliff does a variation of it, Ware "charges up" usually before he does it, Ratliff just beasts out.
It's amazing how loud Ratliff yelled at the Washington game, rarely can you actually hear the player over the television.

DTK

Reaction score
The only thing, and I mean the ONLY THING that I dislike about Ware is that stupid celebration. I just wish he'd look at the QB and tell him he'd be back in a few. I'm just not a big fan of defensive players celebrating EVERY sack, tackle for loss, or in some cases (though not done by Ware) tackles 5+ yards downfield.

Section446

Reaction score
DTK;2456817 said:
The only thing, and I mean the ONLY THING that I dislike about Ware is that stupid celebration. I just wish he'd look at the QB and tell him he'd be back in a few. I'm just not a big fan of defensive players celebrating EVERY sack, tackle for loss, or in some cases (though not done by Ware) tackles 5+ yards downfield.
Yeah, but Ware isn't that kind of player. QB's know damn well that he'll be back in a few because he's all over them every play as it is, he lets his play do the talking.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DTK;2456817 said:

You're out of your mind. Ware barely shows any emotion other than when he gets a big play, let the guy celebrate.

The fact that he gets to the QB so often is the only reason you see the celebration so often. In a game where the offense has just about every advantage, a sack is a big deal.

DTK

Reaction score
TheCount;2456825 said:
You're out of your mind. Ware barely shows any emotion other than when he gets a big play, let the guy celebrate.

The fact that he gets to the QB so often is the only reason you see the celebration so often. In a game where the offense has just about every advantage, a sack is a big deal.
I agree to a point and I understand the hard work that goes into being as successful as he is and that he deserves to celebrate. But not after every sack. He did it when the Giants were spanking us and I thought that looked bad on his part.

Ware is my favorite player, love his skill set and his character. That celebration just seems out of character of him to me.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DTK;2456835 said:
I agree to a point and I understand the hard work that goes into being as successful as he is and that he deserves to celebrate. But not after every sack. He did it when the Giants were spanking us and I thought that looked bad on his part.

Ware is my favorite player, love his skill set and his character. That celebration just seems out of character of him to me.

I think he was just trying to get the defense amped. He's not a speech in the huddle kind of guy from what we've heard, so he let's his play talk. He's completely even tempered otherwise, no real highs and no real lows.

Section446

Reaction score
TheCount;2456841 said:
I think he was just trying to get the defense amped. He's not a speech in the huddle kind of guy from what we've heard, so he let's his play talk. He's completely even tempered otherwise, no real highs and no real lows.
Yeah, there's nothing about the guy I don't like. He's one of the best defensive players in all of football, and he knows it, but he chooses not to be a flashy, "me, me, me" type guy like Joey Porter. He seems very humble.

Nav22

Reaction score
A QB sack is a drive killer probably over 80% of the time. It's a big play and a brief celebration isn't out of line IMO. These guys work way too hard not to enjoy some light moments here and there, when appropriate.

I just don't get all the fuss about celebrations in general. When someone scores a TD and spikes the ball, that's a celebration too.

The only reason THAT isn't frowned upon is because it's been around for ages. In reality, Ware hitting the turf with his hands isn't any worse than spiking the ball into the turf.

A sign of the times, folks... this isn't your father's NFL anymore, get over it.

;)

DTK

Reaction score
Dreadnought94;2456847 said:
Yeah, there's nothing about the guy I don't like. He's one of the best defensive players in all of football, and he knows it, but he chooses not to be a flashy, "me, me, me" type guy like Joey Porter. He seems very humble.
I agree with that 100%. I'm just old school when it comes to celebrations I guess. If he continues to play at his current rate, he'll be the greatest defensive player in Cowboys history--now that's saying a lot.

Section446

Reaction score
DTK;2456855 said:
I agree with that 100%. I'm just old school when it comes to celebrations I guess. If he continues to play at his current rate, he'll be the greatest defensive player in Cowboys history--now that's saying a lot.
Yeah, there's a fair argument on both sides of the line. I can see where you're coming from though.

DTK

Reaction score
I was too young to see Lily, but I have seen Manster and others. Ware is a GREAT player and he's still young. The sad thing is there isn't much he needs to improve on. Guy can rush, he can play the run, he's ok in coverage though he should never be there. I'll stop there, I feel like I'm beginning to jinx him.

Section446

Reaction score
DTK;2456863 said:
I was too young to see Lily, but I have seen Manster and others. Ware is a GREAT player and he's still young. The sad thing is there isn't much he needs to improve on. Guy can rush, he can play the run, he's ok in coverage though he should never be there. I'll stop there, I feel like I'm beginning to jinx him.
Well your view on his celebrations makes more sense now. The "older fans" don't generally care much for the celebrations and whatnot.