Reaction score
[youtubehd]ZubYpplmzVk&hd=1[/youtubehd]

remember this as you're watching tonight

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for reminding me to make sure I have NFLN on when the draft starts tonight. Berman free TV is a good thing.

mickswag

Reaction score
I'm at work so I cant hear what's being said. Who is the person that says Russell has Elway skills?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
mickswag;3926611 said:
I'm at work so I cant hear what's being said. Who is the person that says Russell has Elway skills?

Melvin Kiper. Russell being able to throw a ball 60 yards on his knees was also a big selling point, apparently.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Reminded me to remotely program the DVR for the draft. (NFLN of course)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Should have been, "Offensive tackle, Jamarcus Russell", and everyone would have lived happily ever after.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
bbgun;3926616 said:
Melvin Kiper. Russell being able to throw a ball 60 yards on his knees was also a big selling point, apparently.

Don't they know once your knee is on the ground he is sacked? :laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yep. Tonight Von Miller will be Lawrence Taylor and Andy Dalton will be Joe Montana.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Corleone;3926647 said:
lol at Kipers prediction of him being a top 5 QB in 3-4 years.

well, he covered his arse a little by noting that Russell's slow delivery could be a problem, but other than that he was effusive in his praise

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was suprised to see that Kiper was 3rd in the country last year in the Mock Draft challenge.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbgun;3926616 said:

Only problem is in the NFL that is called a sack. :laugh2:

The so called experts allow their egos to get in the way. I like listening to view points of many who cover the draft but none of them are pure gold when making their selections.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DFWJC;3926683 said:
I was suprised to see that Kiper was 3rd in the country last year in the Mock Draft challenge.

True, I sat and listend to him go on about Blair Thomas and then how Emmitt was too small and too slow. The draft is a big guessing game and these guys don't know

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Detroit is next on the clock and they show a picture of Calvin Johnson. The good old days when you know Detroit was taking a receiver in the first round.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggest bust of all time - even moreso than Ryan Leaf.

Yet even this year, the #1 pick will be a guy with physical skills over the smart, hard-working player.

Take a look around the league at the most successful quarterbacks.

Any of them worrying about throwing the ball 60 yards from their knees?

They're probably too busy studying film to try!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;3926597 said:
Thanks for reminding me to make sure I have NFLN on when the draft starts tonight. Berman free TV is a good thing.

I will switch back and forth, but mostly on NFL Network....and especially when Berman spews his crap.

I also have the Cowboys war room on the internet, with 105.3 on, and will be checking in with The Ticket as well.

Mostly will be the radio stations I'll listen too, with NFLN, and ocaissional ESPN, but both of those only when Cowboys info is on.