"Killer" Keith Davis

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
wileedog;1225988 said:
He certainly can do what Keith Davis is doing, and at least he might get better.

Please, please get Davis off the field. I don't care if we put Jerry back there in coverage at this point.
He has in the limited playing time he's had. I belive 1 Int and 1 Fumble Rec. What's the worse thing that can happen? He's does the same thing KD would do and allows a TD.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BulletBob;1226035 said:
I'm guessing that the reason we don't go after the QB relentlessly is that the coaching staff is scared stiff about getting burnt by the long ball (or even a simple crossing pattern). They recognize that the deep secondary is a weakness.

I'm not arguiung that they are right, by the way - just pointing out a possible reason for our timid defensive game plans.

Could be.

That is a very good rational thought, which is one I have pondered.

I hate to harp on this and try to glorify the 2003 Defense, but that defense was schemed to be aggressive and attacking because we had deficiencies in the pass rush and had lack luster talent in the Secondary, especially when it came to the deep ball.

It is not so simple, because that is why Parcells makes the big bucks, but if you are going to get beat deep and your safeties are going to get exposed and you are not getting a good pass rush, why not get alot more aggressive and think about changing some subtlties in the way you call a defensive game.