"Kitna's going deep..."

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're going to hear that a lot Sunday. Can the Cowboys stop Roy Williams and this "Furrey" guy?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm not worried about them going deep. I'm worried about us overcommiting to the deep ball and them eating us up in the flats and shallow passes over the middle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1264216 said:
You're going to hear that a lot Sunday. Can the Cowboys stop Roy Williams and this "Furrey" guy?

Can they? Yes. Will they? They will play the game and we will find out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does Kitna have the arm to go deep?

Shoot even if he doesn't, the way the defense is playing, even a short pass can go the distance. :eek::

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Right now I'm more concerned about stopping their running game...our front 7 has been putrid lately...it would be nice to force a team to go deep for a change instead of grinding our butts into the turf on long drives.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley;1264244 said:
Right now I'm more concerned about stopping their running game...our front 7 has been putrid lately...it would be nice to force a team to go deep for a change instead of grinding our butts into the turf on long drives.
Kevin Jones is on IR, so I'm not sure they have a running game to speak of. Arlen Harris and Aveion Cason (remember him?) seemed to be their top rushers. And even when they had KJ, it wasn't like he was tearing it up. I think Fergie shuts these two down.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1264253 said:
Kevin Jones is on IR, so I'm not sure they have a running game to speak of. Arlen Harris and Aveion Cason (remember him?) seemed to be their top rushers. And even when they had KJ, it wasn't like he was tearing it up. I think Fergie shuts these two down.

Oh believe me, WG, I'm not thinking Detroit has ANY running game, but that doesn't mean we'll stop what they have...everyone seems to be getting 100 yards against us...everyone. And they've ground us into the ground at the end of games....

We'd better stop Detroit COLD and force them to throw...if not, we'll lose this game, too.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1264238 said:
Does Kitna have the arm to go deep?

Shoot even if he doesn't, the way the defense is playing, even a short pass can go the distance. :eek::

I remember folks saying the same thing about Garcia a week ago. :bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Teague31;1264375 said:
I remember folks saying the same thing about Garcia a week ago. :bang2:

Garcia did not beat us with the long pass. Philly was able to run a balanced offense rushing for almost as many yards as they passed for. 204 running and 222 passing

wileedog

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1264404 said:
Garcia did not beat us with the long pass. Philly was able to run a balanced offense rushing for almost as many yards as they passed for. 204 running and 222 passing

And 65 of the passing was on a 5 yard dump off.

That said, Kitna has a stronger but less accurate arm than Garcia.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1264216 said:

Won't matter, they won't be able to stop us and cannot score with us.

ndanger

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1264253 said:
Here's hoping Aveion does not look like the second coming of Jim Brown on Sunday and Kitna does not have shades of Joe Montana. I will personally rip TO's surgically repaired hand off his arm and chase Zimmer down and flog him with it at the fifty yard line and then I'll go after whoever moves next. NOBODY move NOBODY gets hurt. I am a Cowboy fan gone bad, which is much worse than postal. I am serious, really.Uh Uh really.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I am more worried about short passes than the deep ball to be honest.

It keeps our offense off the field (we dont score, we dont win).

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1264431 said:
Won't matter, they won't be able to stop us and cannot score with us.
I know. Since when does losing to two playoff teams equate to "we can't beat the Lions, the worst team in pro football"?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
smarta5150;1264438 said:
I am more worried about short passes than the deep ball to be honest.

It keeps our offense off the field (we dont score, we dont win).

That was our problem against the Saints and Eagles, we never got the O on the field until it was too late. In both those games, there were long time eating drives that broke the d and got the o out of sync.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1264444 said:
That was our problem against the Saints and Eagles, we never got the O on the field until it was too late. In both those games, there were long time eating drives that broke the d and got the o out of sync.
I don;t really seeing the Lions being able to do that to us. I have a feeling we're in for a Cowboy offensive explosion on Sunday.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1264444 said:

Exactly.

So let Kitna go deep all game if he wants.

They either score quick and we get the ball or its gets picked.

I HOPE all teams go deep and only deep.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Some people in this thread need to review the history of the Cowboys and notice how often we have been beaten by the "worst team in football" when we've played them in that season. I always remember that winless Buffalo team that beat us 14-3, I think, for their only win of the season...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1264616 said:
Some people in this thread need to review the history of the Cowboys and notice how often we have been beaten by the "worst team in football" when we've played them in that season. I always remember that winless Buffalo team that beat us 14-3, I think, for their only win of the season...
Ok. History reviewed. Now what does that have to do with anything?

CalCBFan

Reaction score
theogt;1264620 said:
Ok. History reviewed. Now what does that have to do with anything?
I hope I'm wrong but you may find out Sunday...