"Mr May"

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Isn't May in baseball the equivalent of September in football? I wish we had a few "Mr. Mays" then we might actually have a win or two.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
sadevil;3569932 said:
Isn't May in baseball the equivalent of September in football? I wish we had a few "Mr. Mays" then we might actually have a win or two.

Well done, you might have a future in politics. :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;3569200 said:
I should be more clear about my Mr May reference....as a unit, each unit comes up short when a play is needed....even if it's just one guy in the unit...and the "unit" includes the coaching staff. So each unit gets the Mr May moniker.

This is and has been, a very difficult team to root for.

Even one of my neighbors here in NY said "Geez, it must be murder to root for them. They seem to lose in the most heartbreaking ways"

On the nosey.

It was a great analogy. Individually we have a ton of very, talented football players, but collectively, you put these guys together, and it's like a Ferrari with an Aston Martin engine.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Juke, in years past, I'd definitely agree we've been a "Mr. May." This year, though, we're not a Mr. anything.

This is a talented team that plays some god-awful football. It's reminiscent of the start we had last year, only considerably worse. But prior to Miles Austin saving the day against Kansas City, we were nearly as bad last year as we are today. It's frustrating that all the same errors -- penalties, turnovers, overall chaos -- have popped up again. Just not sure how we get it reversed this time around.

One thing is for sure, and this goes right in line with your overall point: This team cannot handle playing with pressure. We self-destructed in 2008 with everyone pegging us a sexy Super Bowl pick. But it was easy to pin it all on the TOs, the Pacmans, the Tanks. And here we are in that same position, minus the combustible personalities.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We play football like our HC coaches football. Look at thim on the sidelines, then look at the team on the field.

I can't describe the feeling that comes over me when the camera pans to Wade and he looks like he's been constipated for a week.

then jerry clapping down the sidelines...:bang2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RainMan;3570316 said:
Juke, in years past, I'd definitely agree we've been a "Mr. May." This year, though, we're not a Mr. anything.

This is a talented team that plays some god-awful football. It's reminiscent of the start we had last year, only considerably worse. But prior to Miles Austin saving the day against Kansas City, we were nearly as bad last year as we are today. It's frustrating that all the same errors -- penalties, turnovers, overall chaos -- have popped up again. Just not sure how we get it reversed this time around.

One thing is for sure, and this goes right in line with your overall point: This team cannot handle playing with pressure. We self-destructed in 2008 with everyone pegging us a sexy Super Bowl pick. But it was easy to pin it all on the TOs, the Pacmans, the Tanks. And here we are in that same position, minus the combustible personalities.

It's organizational. I see it here in NY with the NY Mets. They'll never win anything so long as the organization continues with the same structure and approach.

And ya know, RIP George, but the Yankees rebuilt their team when Steinbrenner was suspended from baseball. His success was very similar to Jerry's. Great start and then the team fell apart due to the meddling of the owner.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Juke99;3570362 said:
It's organizational. I see it here in NY with the NY Mets. They'll never win anything so long as the organization continues with the same structure and approach.

And ya know, RIP George, but the Yankees rebuilt their team when Steinbrenner was suspended from baseball. His success was very similar to Jerry's. Great start and then the team fell apart due to the meddling of the owner.

Juke...this is the post of the month...dumb, unfocused team and coaching staff, wasting young talent..I wish we could find a young coach that had some fire and was organized. You can laugh at Andy Reid, but that guy has been winning consistently for over 10 years. His team always looks prepared and he wins even when key players are injured.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
JakeCamp12;3570542 said:
Juke...this is the post of the month...dumb, unfocused team and coaching staff, wasting young talent..I wish we could find a young coach that had some fire and was organized. You can laugh at Andy Reid, but that guy has been winning consistently for over 10 years. His team always looks prepared and he wins even when key players are injured.

No offense, but I don't think Andy Reid's consistency is really the kind of consistency we're looking for here lol.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
JakeCamp12;3570542 said:

That's the biggest concern for me.

When the team was 5-11...and even in the first few years under Parcells, the roster stunk.

This team has quality players and it's all being wasted.