"Send in the Clowns..."

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
"oh wait... they are already here"
(mediots and some fans)

THAT is for any fan that puts their agenda or personal dislike for any player ABOVE the ultimate goal of winning the SB.

I swear some would rather see Owens fail with the Cowboys than Owens helps the Cowboys win #6.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;2484619 said:
(mediots and some fans)

THAT is for any fan that puts their agenda or personal dislike for any player ABOVE the ultimate goal of winning the SB.

I swear some would rather see Owens fail with the Cowboys than Owens helps the Cowboys win #6.

Exactly how does expressing an opinion on an anonymous forum jeopardize the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl? :huh:

ddh33

Reaction score
Yeah, it does feel like people would rather be right and have their guy get the credit than they would to actually win.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484624 said:
Exactly how does expressing an opinion on an anonymous forum jeopardize the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl? :huh:

I believe the point that he's making is if these people COULD have their ways, as in if they were decision makers for the team, they'd do things that would ruin the Cowboys season just because they dont' like someone.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484624 said:

I never said jeopardize.

BraveHeartFan;2484629 said:
I believe the point that he's making is if these people COULD have their ways, as in if they were decision makers for the team, they'd do things that would ruin the Cowboys season just because they dont' like someone.

Reconfirmed!

IF a fan doesnt like a player that is fine. Nothing wrong with that.
BUT IF a fan would rather see the team fail well then there are some deep rooted psychological issues there.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2484619 said:
(mediots and some fans)

THAT is for any player that puts their agenda or personal dislike for any player ABOVE the ultimate goal of winning the SB.

Fixed it for you.:D

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2484634 said:
I never said jeopardize.

Reconfirmed!

BUT IF a fan would rather see the team fail well then there are some deep rooted psychological issues there.

Actually there was a sports psychologist on SC today who said owens has deep rooted issues. Fa real

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484644 said:
Actually there was a sports psychologist on SC today who said owens has deep rooted issues. Fa real

Excellent... a "sports psychologist" that NEVER sat down and observed/studied Owens one on one - VERY credible:rolleyes:

Sounds like a "look at me I'm a psychologist"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ddh33;2484626 said:
Yeah, it does feel like people would rather be right and have their guy get the credit than they would to actually win.

No, that's not it.

That's too simplistic.

What many people are saying is that they don't believe T.O. can help the team win a Super Bowl.

Why?

Because it's not just about talent but about team, chemistry, trust, sacrifice, etc.

Many just don't see T.O., as talent as he is, working within the framework of what it takes to win the Super Bowl.

Now maybe these people are wrong. Maybe you're wrong.

We don't know.

But I guarantee you, whoever is correct, he/she will have a reason to say "I told you so."

And, for good measure, those who don't think T.O. will take Dallas to a championship, if he does, will more than be happy to eat their words.

I doubt, however, those who believe he will help this team win a championship, even if he doesn't, will be as forthcoming about being wrong about T.O.

Like with T.O., they'll buy into the excuse that it was somebody else's fault.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2484659 said:
Excellent... a "sports psychologist" that NEVER sat down and observed/studied Owens one on one - VERY credible:rolleyes:

Sounds like a "look at me I'm a psychologist"

I wish I was getting paid what he was, it wasn't any thing people here haven't said.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2484629 said:

But we're not decision makers, which is why the sentiment is a bit "silly." (Forgive me YoMick, I just lacked a better word to use.)

If we were decision makers, maybe our understanding would be vastly different - on both sides.

We're merely reacting to what we read. But I wouldn't necessarily dismiss that because, as it has been stated, more recently by the Mickster, where there's smoke there's fire.

When a person is having the same "problems" over and over and over again, at some point you have to stop and say, there's a measure of truth to the situation.

Furthermore, everyone knows that Jerry Jones is a gambler. Many of us, myself included, are not gamblers. I would not have signed T.O. But I'm not Jerry Jones. He has his style (gamble on high-risk players), and he believes his style will result in a 6th championship.

We shall see. But if it doesn't work, what then? Will that mean those who were against T.O.'s signing were right?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;2484634 said:
I never said jeopardize.

No, you didn't. I may have read more into your statement. My bad.

Maybe I missed the threads, but are there actually Cowboys fans who want them to fail?

Even so, I wouldn't think that meant they had deep rooted psychological issues.

Maybe they have a greater commitment to fair play, discipline, team unity, etc.

I don't want to win cheating, and I suspect neither would you. The issue isn't just about winning. Otherwise, we'd do whatever we could to win.

The issue is winning THE RIGHT WAY!

Of course, we may have differences as to what constitutes THE RIGHT WAY, but I wouldn't automatically say someone who doesn't want to win has deep rooted psychological problems. They may just want to win THE RIGHT WAY.

I aint got no problems with that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484678 said:
I wish I was getting paid what he was, it wasn't any thing people here haven't said.

Even more credible... the posters on here... :laugh1:

tyke1doe;2484684 said:
But we're not decision makers, which is why the sentiment is a bit "silly." (Forgive me YoMick, I just lacked a better word to use.)

If we were decision makers, maybe our understanding would be vastly different - on both sides.

We're merely reacting to what we read. But I wouldn't necessarily dismiss that because, as it has been stated, more recently by the Mickster, where there's smoke there's fire.

When a person is having the same "problems" over and over and over again, at some point you have to stop and say, there's a measure of truth to the situation.

Furthermore, everyone knows that Jerry Jones is a gambler. Many of us, myself included, are not gamblers. I would not have signed T.O. But I'm not Jerry Jones. He has his style (gamble on high-risk players), and he believes his style will result in a 6th championship.

We shall see. But if it doesn't work, what then? Will that mean those who were against T.O.'s signing were right?

No need for forgiveness. You are not responding to the point I made. No biggie.

ddh33

Reaction score
My point was that everyone is so interested in being right and saying "I told you so" that they won't and can't deal with reality.

What ought to matter more than anything else to Cowboys fans is winning playing the game of football the right way.

What I see more of is looking for someone to blame so that my guy doesn't get blamed.

This is a place where a good man can be ripped to shreds because of his coverage liabilities and charity work, but someone else can be saying things they shouldn't (whether it's right or wrong) and be just fine in the fans' sight. Loyalties and allegiances don't mean much to a lot of fans.

I'll be honest, I don't like TO. I think he's completely selfish, and I wouldn't want him on my team. But he is on my team. That means I am going to cheer for him for the sake of my team, but I'm not blind to the problems he brings with him. On the other hand, I am a huge Romo fan. I'm cheering for him too because I want my team to do well. That doesn't mean that I ignore his poor game against the Steelers.

I think what frustrates me more than anything is how one-sided people get. And I'm convinced, it's not because some fans CAN'T see what is happening. It's becase they DON'T WANT to see what is happening. After all, it might be their guy causing the problems.

Personally, I think it's silly to try to put all of the problems on one guy. I would have thought that fans would have learned that by now. They've tried to blame Jerry, Bill, Wade, Garrett, Stewart, Campo, TO, Romo, and different times. I don't know what's so difficult about saying that everyone has a hand in this. And if the guys in the lockerroom can figure that out, I think this team will be a lot better off for it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2484619 said:
(mediots and some fans)

Fail. We, the fans, are not the problem, and it's not the media's job to get this team over the hump or compel TO to act like a normal human being.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484702 said:
Maybe I missed the threads, but are there actually Cowboys fans who want them to fail?

Even so, I wouldn't think that meant they had deep rooted psychological issues.

You see it happen in the every day walk of life... why not on a BB?

People would rather talk LOUDER to feel they were right.
People would rather poo-poo an idea - just to make THEM feel better.

Its no different in this case.
We can agree to disagree on that... but I see it all the time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how me sitting at home or work posting on a message board will affect what happens on the field? I must have special powers that allow me to control the actions of players and not know it. :eek:

/sarcasm

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2484720 said:
I'm still trying to figure out how me sitting at home or work posting on a message board will affect what happens on the field? I must have special powers that allow me to control the actions of players and not know it. :eek:

/sarcasm

We lost last Sunday because you didn't wear your lucky t-shirt. I hope you can live with that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
YoMick;2484716 said:
You see it happen in the every day walk of life... why not on a BB?

People would rather talk LOUDER to feel they were right.
People would rather poo-poo an idea - just to make THEM feel better.

Its no different in this case.
We can agree to disagree on that... but I see it all the time.

Fair enough. :)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484624 said:

Well the team held a 30 minute meeting today because of 'made up stuff' that the media was talking about.

So I guess they will be having a 30 minute meeting tomorrow about what the fans on message boards are saying.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: