"Send in the Clowns..."

willia451

Reaction score
ddh33;2484707 said:
My point was that everyone is so interested in being right and saying "I told you so" that they won't and can't deal with reality.

What ought to matter more than anything else to Cowboys fans is winning playing the game of football the right way.

What I see more of is looking for someone to blame so that my guy doesn't get blamed.

This is a place where a good man can be ripped to shreds because of his coverage liabilities and charity work, but someone else can be saying things they shouldn't (whether it's right or wrong) and be just fine in the fans' sight. Loyalties and allegiances don't mean much to a lot of fans.

I'll be honest, I don't like TO. I think he's completely selfish, and I wouldn't want him on my team. But he is on my team. That means I am going to cheer for him for the sake of my team, but I'm not blind to the problems he brings with him. On the other hand, I am a huge Romo fan. I'm cheering for him too because I want my team to do well. That doesn't mean that I ignore his poor game against the Steelers.

I think what frustrates me more than anything is how one-sided people get. And I'm convinced, it's not because some fans CAN'T see what is happening. It's becase they DON'T WANT to see what is happening. After all, it might be their guy causing the problems.

Personally, I think it's silly to try to put all of the problems on one guy. I would have thought that fans would have learned that by now. They've tried to blame Jerry, Bill, Wade, Garrett, Stewart, Campo, TO, Romo, and different times. I don't know what's so difficult about saying that everyone has a hand in this. And if the guys in the lockerroom can figure that out, I think this team will be a lot better off for it.
No. All of that is making it too easy on yourself. You have to make a choice. Support the team and everyone on it to the bitter end, or not.

Say what you want in the off season. But right now, everyone needs to stick together.

If you can't, then so be it. But don't feed us this phyco babble garbage and expect to get away with it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
do we really need guys with 15k posts insulting other members & making accusations about other forum members.

to recap this thread is about as useful as a TO mid-game tirade or penalized TD celebration.

YoMick;2484619 said:
"oh wait... they are already here"
(mediots and some fans)

THAT is for any fan that puts their agenda or personal dislike for any player ABOVE the ultimate goal of winning the SB.

I swear some would rather see Owens fail with the Cowboys than Owens helps the Cowboys win #6.

ddh33

Reaction score
What psychobabble?

I want the Cowboys to win. I'm not cheering against anyone on this team, whether I like them or not. I'm hoping everyone who wears the Star is successful.

I wouldn't mind being wrong about anything either if the result is that the team does better.

jday

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484644 said:
Actually there was a sports psychologist on SC today who said owens has deep rooted issues. Fa real

Word?

willia451

Reaction score
ddh33;2484770 said:
What psychobabble?

I want the Cowboys to win. I'm not cheering against anyone on this team, whether I like them or not. I'm hoping everyone who wears the Star is successful.

I wouldn't mind being wrong about anything either if the result is that the team does better.
If that's the case, my bad. Maybe I read you're post incorrectly.

Apologies.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
chinch;2484759 said:
do we really need guys with 15k posts insulting other members & making accusations about other forum members.

to recap this thread is about as useful as a TO mid-game tirade or penalized TD celebration.

Sorry. My intention wasnt too insult anyone. That is why used the word "clowns"... figured it was playful enough... and the song reference.

But I stand by what seems to be "rather be right about Owens and losing" than winning for some.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484644 said:
Actually there was a sports psychologist on SC today who said owens has deep rooted issues. Fa real

And the rest of the world is quite sane.
Did the doc say that before or after he publicized his latest book?;)