"The Cowboys are September's team"

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Michael Wilbom is picking Cowboys tonight because they are.......... "September's team"

Quite frankly I would prefer more comments and haters like this as opposed to the praise for a team that hasnt won a playoff game in forever.

Yes it hurts to say... but I want the wins when they count.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I don't know if he was necessarily dissing us... maybe our all-time record in September is better than that of other teams. :laugh1:

Mike_45

Reaction score
I think Merril Hoge was hit on the head one two many times. He just said Cleveland only rushed 3 at times, but in his example play it clearly showed 4, unless he though Shaun Rogers was going to cover Felix out of the backfield...typical BSPN...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Mike_45;2258944 said:
I think Merril Hoge was hit on the head one two many times. He just said Cleveland only rushed 3 at times, but in his example play it clearly showed 4, unless he though Shaun Rogers was going to cover Felix out of the backfield...typical BSPN...

they tried everything, it never worked...even when the brought 5 and 6 it had no affect on us

not saying the same thing will happen tonight, because Johnson's blitz schemes are some of the best designed and executed in the league, but the Browns certainly didnt try to rush only 3 the entire game

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Mike_45;2258944 said:

The ferret on top of his leaked pee into his brain :laugh1:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Mike_45;2258944 said:

On his NFL Matchup he raved about how great the Bears O-Line was against the Colts and to back it up he shows the Bears left guard basically whiffing on a block. It's stuff like this I hate because Merrill can be really good, but when they do stuff like this you wonder if they are just lazy or looking for a talking point.

YAKUZA

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wilbon is a self-centered jerk. The only good thing about him is that we have the same birthday - Nov. 19. That's it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
It would be accurate but they were dreadful in Sept. just two years ago when Bledsoe started thanks to Tuna.

Still Wilbum's point is spot-on.

The NFL rewards strong finishers not starters.

YoMick;2258926 said:
Michael Wilbom is picking Cowboys tonight because they are.......... "September's team"

Quite frankly I would prefer more comments and haters like this as opposed to the praise for a team that hasnt won a playoff game in forever.

Boysboy

Reaction score
chinch;2258973 said:
It would be accurate but they were dreadful in Sept. just two years ago when Bledsoe started thanks to Tuna.

Still Wilbum's point is spot-on.

The NFL rewards strong finishers not starters.

They were 2-1 that Sept(only loss on opening day @Jax). Not bad at all.

yimyammer

Reaction score
YoMick;2258926 said:

me too, I hate how they're the lead dog when they haven't done squat in the post season since the end of the 90's glory days

If we lose tonight, I'll take solice in the fact that it MAY keep the engine of motivation & focus cranking harder than if they run off to another 12-1 start.

Now, I'd much rather have my cake and eat it too by seeing us not only start strong but finish even stronger, time will tell. At least we're in the running and part of the conversation again

Mike_45

Reaction score
And now the obligatory Donavan "I'm a winner" McNabb fluff piece.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Wilbum has always hated the Cowboys. I never listen to this guy :rolleyes: He always have something smart to say about the Cowboys.

PREDICTION: Mr. McChoke (Wilbum's boy) finds a way to get injured in this game.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2258964 said:
Wilbon is a self-centered jerk. The only good thing about him is that we have the same birthday - Nov. 19. That's it.

Sorry Man/Woman that's not good.

That means your doomed forever. :p:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2258926 said:

this thread is funny.....but, has a little truth to it

What is wrong with our DEFENSE?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Boysboy;2258976 said:
They were 2-1 that Sept(only loss on opening day @Jax). Not bad at all.

they were dreadful and going nowhere, lucky win vs jax (another team of faders) not widthstanding.