"The Fighter"

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to this?

[youtube]1_zijS_UAtw[/youtube]

I remember watching Ward vs. Gatti like it was yesterday....

[youtube]sZvr0Bl_uPs[/youtube]

Best fight I've ever seen (first one)....not surprising that the most common word used to describe these two is "Warrior".

I can only hope the movie does Ward justice.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
ohhh its about "Irish" Micky Ward????? then I just might have 2 see this His fight's with Arturo "Thunder" Gatti...............RIP are one of the best fight's I've ever seen

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Never seen the fights, don't care about boxing, but it looks like it'll be good. And Amy Adams is always a delight.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'll probably see it whenever it comes out on Netflix, not a big fan of Marky Mark as an actor.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I remember watching the first fight. I was at a neighbor's house having a few drinks -- I had literally just met the guy (my neighbor). Turns out he was a boxing fan as well, so he had the fight on. We were only watching it peripherally as neither of us knew or cared much about either fighter at the time and we were both more worried about the females in the room. By the end of the fight, however, we were glued to the TV, raving about how it was the best fight we'd ever seen. Turns out it was probably the best fight in the history of boxing -- at least in the sense that it was a fight among nobodies that became hugely popular.

As for the movie, I'm not that excited to see it. I love boxing, bust most boxing movies are absolutely terrible. The choreographed boxing is just miserable to watch.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3734723 said:
Mark Wahlberg is just terrible and totally unlikeabe in every movie.

I thought he was pretty good in The Departed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3734730 said:

No pun intended but hes always fighting people. We know hes getting into producing now and he has some say in these things and its all very dooshy.

Im Mark Wahlberg alrite! Im gonna beat your *** if you look at me wrong, say hi to your mother for me

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Mark Wahlberg was cast as Nathan Drake :(

Terrible, terrible casting. Should have been Nathan Fillion.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3734730 said:

I'm not a big fan of Wahlberg either, but I too thought he was pretty good in Departed.

This role is suited for him....although I would rather they had used someone less well known.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3734780 said:
Timothy Olyphant....

I hope you're not saying he should be Drake.

He's a fine actor, but he's not right for the role. Fillion is unquestionably the perfect actor for the role.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3734756 said:
Mark Wahlberg was cast as Nathan Drake :(

Terrible, terrible casting. Should have been Nathan Fillion.

He was? That really sucks.

I was hoping for Nathan Fillion. Nathan Fillion IS Nathan Drake.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Apparently Christian Bale lives for the roles that require him to look like a coked out Calista Flockheart.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3735038 said:
Apparently Christian Bale lives for the roles that require him to look like a coked out Calista Flockheart.

They probably made him lose the weight so he'd look feeble next to Walberg. No one would believe Marky Mark screaming at Batman.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ive heard Drake is a charasmatic wise-cracker.

Fillion looks way more like Drake but in the one thing Ive seen him in, Slither, I didnt see that much charisma. Olyphant has it and looks a bit like Drake

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3735055 said:
Ive heard Drake is a charasmatic wise-cracker.

Fillion looks way more like Drake but in the one thing Ive seen him in, Slither, I didnt see that much charisma. Olyphant has it and looks a bit like Drake

Watch Firefly (and Serenity), Castle, etc. Fillion has much more of the charisma needed than Olyphant.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
TheCount;3735020 said:
He was? That really sucks.

I was hoping for Nathan Fillion. Nathan Fillion IS Nathan Drake.

The guy from Firefly/Serenity and he also made a small part in Blast from the Past

Hoofbite

Reaction score
TheCount;3735046 said:
They probably made him lose the weight so he'd look feeble next to Walberg. No one would believe Marky Mark screaming at Batman.

Haha.

Seriously though. You ever see The Machinist? He looks like a prisoner in a concentration camp in that movie.

No way is it healthy to fluctuate by 100 pounds or so, multiple times.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3736086 said:
Haha.

Seriously though. You ever see The Machinist? He looks like a prisoner in a concentration camp in that movie.

No way is it healthy to fluctuate by 100 pounds or so, multiple times.

100?

He couldnt have weighed less than 140 for the machinist. And theres no way in he was 240 in Batman. Id say 200, tops.