"What is he thinking?" Mock draft.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
After watching the Saints last night, I have received a vision of a draft that you all must see.

Go ahead and mock my mock, but this is where the NFL is headed.

Free Agency: Carl Nicks, Desean Jackson, Matt Birk, Laron Landry, Brandon Carr, Vernon Carey

1) David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
2) Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
3) LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4) Ladarius Green, TE, La. Lafayette
5) Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
6) Jeff Demps, RB, Florida
6) Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama
7) Cody Johnson, FB, Texas

WR Depth Chart:

Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Desean Jackson, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, Marquis Maze

RB Depth Chart:

DeMarco Murray, Felix Jones, LaMichael James, Jeff Demps

TE Depth Chart:

Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett, Ladarius Green

O-Line Depth Chart with Projected Starters/Depth:

LT LG C RG RT
Smith Nicks Birk DeCastro Free
Free Nagy Kowalski Arkin Carey

FB: Fiametta or Johnson

---------------------------------------------

Does a bad defense really matter when you can put up 42 a game?

I know this sounds weird, but we need to stop trying to plug holes when they spring up and ignore them.

We need to just keep building on our strengths until our strengths are so strong they are unstoppable. Then, the holes don't matter, because you have something you can RELY on. Consistently rely on.

Snag a couple stopgap FA's, draft a mid-round CB (mid round, where the Cowboys tend to hit on players) and just break the bank on offense.

Could you even imagine what this offense would look like? Or, dare I say, what it would look like were we able to steal Ray Rice or Matt Forte?

Holy crapola.

acer941

Reaction score
sureletsrace;4365095 said:
After watching the Saints last night, I have received a vision of a draft that you all must see.

Free Agency: Carl Nicks, Desean Jackson, Matt Birk, Laron Landry, Brandon Carr, Vernon Carey

WR Depth Chart:

Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin, Desean Jackson, Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, Marquis Maze

RB Depth Chart:

TE Depth Chart:

LT LG C RG RT

I know this sounds weird, but we need to stop trying to plug holes when they spring up and ignore them.

We need to just keep building on our strengths until our strengths are so strong they are unstoppable. Then, the holes don't matter, because you have something you can RELY on. Consistently rely on.

Snag a couple stopgap FA's, draft a mid-round CB (mid round, where the Cowboys tend to hit on players) and just break the bank on offense.

Could you even imagine what this offense would look like? Or, dare I say, what it would look like were we able to steal Ray Rice or Matt Forte?

Holy crapola.

HOLY CRAPOLA we'd be in SALARY CAP Hell.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
sureletsrace;4365095 said:

WR Depth Chart:

RB Depth Chart:

TE Depth Chart:

LT LG C RG RT

Holy crapola.

Dez as our 4th Wr :rolleyes:

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
locked&loaded;4365135 said:
this is your only qualm?

Ill add one.

Matt Birk as our center :rolleyes:

No that wasn't my only one :laugh2:

RS12

Reaction score
Lets start with fact that Jeffrey will go in round one and continue to being on the wrong end of alot 56-42 scores. Other than that great mock.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate it all.

I should say I hate it all after the DeCastro pick.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
You cannot deny that this offense would be the most explosive in the NFL.

Desean Jackson, Jeff Demps, Marquis Maze, LaMichael James, Felix Jones....

Bunch of homerun hitters and sprinters. Sup.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are just setting themselves up to be disappointed yet again in our offseason.

These offseason projections have been ridiculous.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4365581 said:
People are just setting themselves up to be disappointed yet again in our offseason.

These offseason projections have been ridiculous.

Well yeah.

Folks that think the Cowboys are going to be thowing around big $$ in free agency are just goofy.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I am all in favor to adding to our strength and turning our good offense into one of the elites. I've been preaching this for the past month now, but let's tap the brakes a bit. Lol.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Let's shelve the DeSean Jackson speculation. I doubt it happens.

However, I'm not opposed to adding DeCastro, James and Green.

Could take our offense to another level.

burmafrd

Reaction score
sureletsrace;4365570 said:
You cannot deny that this offense would be the most explosive in the NFL.

Desean Jackson, Jeff Demps, Marquis Maze, LaMichael James, Felix Jones....

Bunch of homerun hitters and sprinters. Sup.

anyone who wants Jackson on the Boys roster is NOT a boys fan; must be a closet Philthy fan.

In any event it is pathetic

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
burmafrd;4365685 said:
anyone who wants Jackson on the Boys roster is NOT a boys fan; must be a closet Philthy fan.

That's hardly true as I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan and frankly hate the Eagles and technically I really do not like Desean Jackson as a human being. But, Desean Jackson the WR is the biggest big-play potential receiver in the NFL right now, something that the Cowboys severely lack.

The Cowboys will always be the hate of the media and other fanbases, who cares if it has a player with a big mouth on the roster. With it will come production on the field.

The Cowboys could be one offseason away from dropping 40+ a game, and I'd love to sit back and watch THOSE Cowboys games. My chest pains cannot handle much more 17-16 scores, whether they be wins or losses.

Hailmary

Reaction score
burmafrd;4365685 said:

I'm no DeSean fan, but he can help take this offense to another level.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sureletsrace;4366117 said:
That's hardly true as I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan and frankly hate the Eagles and technically I really do not like Desean Jackson as a human being. But, Desean Jackson the WR is the biggest big-play potential receiver in the NFL right now, something that the Cowboys severely lack.

The Cowboys will always be the hate of the media and other fanbases, who cares if it has a player with a big mouth on the roster. With it will come production on the field.

The Cowboys could be one offseason away from dropping 40+ a game, and I'd love to sit back and watch THOSE Cowboys games. My chest pains cannot handle much more 17-16 scores, whether they be wins or losses.

Improve the interior of the line a little and the offense could be dropping 40+ a game on a regular basis.

Draft well. Pickup one free agent on the oline and it could happen without dropping even more free agent coin on the offense.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4366127 said:
Improve the interior of the line a little and the offense could be dropping 40+ a game on a regular basis.

Draft well. Pickup one free agent on the oline and it could happen without dropping even more free agent coin on the offense.

This offense does not have nearly as many weapons as we've all been giving it credit for.

It's got DeMarco Murray, a rising stud RB.
Jason Witten, ol' reliable.
Dez Bryant, who is a good #2.
Miles Austin cannot stay healthy and I don't trust him to.
Martellus Bennett is an excellent run-blocking TE, that's about it.
Felix Jones is a glass cannon.
Laurent Robinson more than likely will not be here next year, even if he is, he's had a career full of injury history, he was excellent this year but what if he goes down?

That's the problem. This offense is so top-heavy that when one or two pieces go missing, as a defense you just adjust your coverage.

Austin and Felix out? Double Witten and Bryant and the Cowboys can't do ANYTHING.

With my idea, we'd be SO deep. That's why I listed potential depth charts.

Austin and Felix out? Okay. Murray is still the hammer, LaMichael James fills in as the change of pace/screen back, we can go 2TE set with capable receiving TE's in Witten/Green, or could just simply go 4WR with Dez/Laurent/Desean/Maze, or line up LaMichael James at WR. Or Jeff Demps.

This offense would have so much explosion and so many weapons that our yearly injuries to our starting WR and RB wouldn't affect us.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sureletsrace;4366168 said:
This offense does not have nearly as many weapons as we've all been giving it credit for.

It's got DeMarco Murray, a rising stud RB.
Jason Witten, ol' reliable.
Dez Bryant, who is a good #2.
Miles Austin cannot stay healthy and I don't trust him to.
Martellus Bennett is an excellent run-blocking TE, that's about it.
Felix Jones is a glass cannon.
Laurent Robinson more than likely will not be here next year, even if he is, he's had a career full of injury history, he was excellent this year but what if he goes down?

That's the problem. This offense is so top-heavy that when one or two pieces go missing, as a defense you just adjust your coverage.

Austin and Felix out? Double Witten and Bryant and the Cowboys can't do ANYTHING.

With my idea, we'd be SO deep. That's why I listed potential depth charts.

Austin and Felix out? Okay. Murray is still the hammer, LaMichael James fills in as the change of pace/screen back, we can go 2TE set with capable receiving TE's in Witten/Green, or could just simply go 4WR with Dez/Laurent/Desean/Maze, or line up LaMichael James at WR. Or Jeff Demps.

This offense would have so much explosion and so many weapons that our yearly injuries to our starting WR and RB wouldn't affect us.

I think you first have to fix the "foundation" i.e. the offensive line.

Secondly I think this defense isn't far from being a legit top-10 defense.

Then you have the whole salary cap thing. I'm not interested in this team being a competitor this coming season. I want it to be a competitor for the next 5 seasons, and spending lots of money on free agents isn't the way to do it IMO... See the Washington Commanders. You've got the Cowboys signing WAY TOO MANY free agents. That's not going to happen.

Finally I think Desean Jackson, while being a nice talent is a very unstable force. I can just think the trouble Jackson & Bryant could get into. No way.