Raiders did good correcting their blunder of letting Amari Cooper go!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This latest trade is a great win for the Raiders.
The worry is his contract as a veteran with amazing stats! They have the cap space they did well.
They gave up Amari Cooper for a first round pick. And Cooper worked out well for the Cowboys.
I'm pretty sure anyone would wish to have a Cooper in the lottery pick this year.

Win for the Cowboys for this one.
And for the Raiders. Cooper wasn't playing good in that system.
And they got a steal with 3rd and 5th round for Brown

I think this had a lot to do about generating excitement heading to Vegas. Trade Mack they end up with the Bears first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019, they trade Cooper and get Dallas 1st rd. That is 3 1st rd picks in this years draft and 2 1st rd picks for the Raider in 2020 draft. Fact is they were not winning with Mack and Cooper and these moves allowed them a chance to do a major rebuild of that team heading to a new city

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I still think we could have gotten Amari without giving up a first round pick. Maybe a package of a 2 and a 3 either from this year and/or next year.
Gruden was waiting to deal Cooper, and the Cowboys blinked.
Anyway, the bridge Sigh!
aaaaaaaaawater

Flamma

Reaction score
His minor peak and fall was quite the sight to watch.
Looked like one of the next young QB's to take over in 16 and in 2018 he's crying on the field and his play dropped off big time.

I think they'll give him this year to prove himself but also take a QB as an insurance option.

It was very interesting to watch. He was fine with the OL and the multiple weapons at WR. So he is a decent QB. But guess what? Fitzpatrick and any other capable QB can do the same under those circumstances. They don't need to pay Carr 20+ Mil a year. I fully expect them to move on from Carr after this season for salary cap reasons alone. He simply isn't good enough to be worth the hit when they can draft his replacement.

jsb357

Reaction score
If he was not working out for them (for whatever reason) they sent him along to another team.

Too much "save face" mentality in FO's around the league.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The worry is his contract as a veteran with amazing stats! They have the cap space they did well.
They gave up Amari Cooper for a first round pick. And Cooper worked out well for the Cowboys.
I'm pretty sure anyone would wish to have a Cooper in the lottery pick this year.

:lmao2:Probably the only win they'll have this season. They seem to have more (wins) when they don't play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thr Raiders pick early in each round.

The value of the picks they gave up is equal to Round2-Pick28 which is almost exactly 1 round lower than the pick they received for Cooper.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Wait for the diva to come out when Carr isn’t putting the ball on him 24/7. Big Ben helped make AB what he is to an extent. Not all Ben, but that system helped.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I guess it's safe to say it's been an interesting offseason, if nothing else! The Raiders definitely aren't afraid to make radical decisions. Whether it reaps benefits eventually remains to be seen. We're doing some pretty wild things right now, too, although, they're not as radical. Crazy enough, though! ;)

Kaiser

Reaction score
Amari, 3rd, 5th for a late 1st, 31 y.o. Antonio Brown and $30 mil guaranteed on a terrible team that isn't even close to being a contender is a colossally horrible trade.

But Antonio Brown's positive, sunshine attitude will fit right in with the group of boy scouts they have in the Oakland locker room.

stiletto

Reaction score
They HAD to do something. Cooper's performance with the Cowboys made them look absolutely clueless.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How it is a blunder for them? They got a first round pick for an inconsistent WR.

I don't get some of these posts about Cooper.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They HAD to do something. Cooper's performance with the Cowboys made them look absolutely clueless.

No, no it didn't. Again, Cooper already had big games before - it's the games BETWEEN those big games that are a problem. You know, like with us, where he went 4 weeks averaging like 30 yards and 9 yards a catch. One resulting in us getting 0 points on the board against the Colts.

They got rid of Cooper with the last coaching staff that gave up a first for him and in return....got their first pick back. I think they are okay with ridding of Cooper who led the league in drops twice in his four year career.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
More than likely. Lock, Jones and Grier are all guys they could try to get if they don't take one with their top pick(Haskins possibly).

Give me Grier out of those 3. I feel Lock will be that polarizing QB that will have a good game then follow it up with bad game with maddening throws/decisions.

Agreed. Grier would be the best pick for them. Lock, in my view, is overrated. Grier is the closest to what I think Gruden wants.

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s moronic though. You are rebuilding and just traded draft picks for a 30 year old receiver. Makes zero sense.

Yeah they traded two potential HoF players in their primes for three first round picks.
D-U-M any way you slice it. It’s really really hard to find players as good as Mack and Cooper even with high first round picks, they got borderline second round picks. Even with three picks, likely that one or two will be busts, marginal, or just starter quality which equals a big net loss in talent. What if they bust on all three picks? Gruden is terrible at talent evaluation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah they traded two potential HoF players in their primes for three first round picks.
D-U-M any way you slice it. It’s really really hard to find players as good as Mack and Cooper even with high first round picks, they got borderline second round picks. Even with three picks, likely that one or two will be busts, marginal, or just starter quality which equals a big net loss in talent. What if they bust on all three picks? Gruden is terrible at talent evaluation.

And they did it in the same draft. I believe they got a 1st next year too correct? But I mean I never like having more than 1 first rounder....you would think you have better odds at snagging a premiere player but I never works out that way. Seems like most teams who have more than 1 first rounder end up ruining all the picks.

cern

Reaction score
what chucky is able to do with the raiders this year will in large part determine how successful the moves were for the raiders. brown wasn't happy being dissed by his qb publicly. ben should have known better. the two divas should have been able to work it out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I liked their sign of Tyrell Williams.

No excuses for Carr to struggle.

Curious when they draft a qb in this draft
who's their tip RB
Is the oline good?

Almost irrelevant who the WRs are if the oline sux.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think we hafta see how this plays out before we can determine if OAK blundered.