Raiders Extend Derek Carr

John813

Reaction score
So, he was on his final year this season with a 19mil cap hit.

Curious if they dropped his cap hit this year a lot since they only had 5mil in cap space.

Guess they didn't want to be left with no QB or having to potentially pay Carr more if he had a good year. But, just don't see much upside to what he has shown.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure what the cap increase was from 2021 to 2022

If it was 10% for example......

apples to apples would be 44 mil per year in 2022 vs 40 in 2021....if anyone cares

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It is…but when you factor in all the money a guy like Jerry Jones gets? Seems fair.

Oh, I agree! Very much so. These owners can easily afford it. I'm talking about how Dak's deal is a bargain compared to where QB contracts are going to be. As I said last year, even if we did draft a QB last year, by the time we try to extend them, the QB market could be $80 mil+. That's before inflation really takes hold. I wouldn't be surprised if we see $100 mil+ contracts for QBs before long.

Flamma

Reaction score
So, he was on his final year this season with a 19mil cap hit.

Curious if they dropped his cap hit this year a lot since they only had 5mil in cap space.

Guess they didn't want to be left with no QB or having to potentially pay Carr more if he had a good year. But, just don't see much upside to what he has shown.

He still is a 19M cap hit if they choose to not touch it. His extension starts in 2023.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well to be fair Carr looked all world against us on Turkey day……..