Twitter: Raiders fire Mayock

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well, say what you want about the Raiders.

But...........

They beat us, refs or no refs and they lost in the wild card round just like we did. Even complaining about the refs.

Considering all the tyranny, they had a more successful season that us. Heck, they're going to get themselves a new front office to that can choose the HC, decide if the QB is the one to keep. Evaluate the players and even choose new ones for his HC that he chooses.

Mark Davis may look unusually gross facial wise but he's looking pretty smart and lucky.

Got his new stadium, used Gruden and Mayocks hype names to help get a deal done in Las Vegas. Now he doesn't need to pay Gruden and the paper GM is gonzo too.

The LV fans had a playoff game and now an excuse why they can suck in a possible rebuild all while things got built and on their way to being fully paid for.

BigD5

Reaction score
Big D 5 we almost won it in 2011 if only I had taken Nelson Cruz out of the game in game 6 bottom 9th I could taste that WS champagne
You got your ring this year with my Braves though so it’s all good

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
didn't a lot of their picks have off field problems ? maybe not the guru everyone thought he was..money and winning change people.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He literally wasted a DEARTH of top quality draft capital.
Now I'm not sure the dynamic and how much of that was gruden

SSoup

Reaction score
Their drafting was terrible. But, to be fair to Mayock, I am pretty sure Gruden was the one screwing it all up. Gruden is hilariously awful at this stuff.

I'd have been fascinated to see Mayock finally untethered from a lousy personnel coach and given a chance to actually do his own drafting. Maybe he'd have actually been good at it?

I also would have been fascinated if the Raiders had kept Gruden, just because I think there's a non-zero chance Gruden would've been dumb enough to spend a 1st rounder on that San Diego State punter in this next draft.