Raiders give Antonio Brown ultimatum over helmet saga

Ghost12

Reaction score
Yeah but even with the faux "ultimatum" they really haven't done anything yet....

I imagine Mayock and Gruden are discovering it's easy to have all the answers when you are talking in a TV studio or broadcasting booth, not so easy in the real world of the NFL.

GenoT

Reaction score
Yeah but even with the faux "ultimatum" they really haven't done anything yet....

I imagine Mayock and Gruden are discovering it's easy to have all the answers when you are talking in a TV studio or broadcasting booth, not so easy in the real world of the NFL.
Brown has zero bargaining position here.He can’t play in any games or participate in any contact practice/drills without a league-approved helmet.

Once he's cleared to practice, in regards to his injured feet, he can be fined for every day he misses training camp. If this impasse continues into the regular season, he can be suspended without pay and fined.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Brown has zero bargaining position here.He can’t play in any games or participate in any contact practice/drills without a league-approved helmet.

Once he's cleared to practice, in regards to his injured feet, he can be fined for every day he misses training camp. If this impasse continues into the regular season, he can be suspended without pay and fined.
Yes I am aware of the options, but note how none of those above things have happened yet. They are terrified of angering him. My point is that when you have a spoiled primma donna, it's very easy to manage them when you are in the booth. Not so easy in the real world.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Real easy. Let him use it. First require him to sign a waiver stating any head injury is not covered by his contract if he doesn't use a league approved helmet.
* I don't think it'd " fly" litigation wise,as while this "N.F.L." is conveniently set up in it's own little bubble fiefdom world of dictates & decrees, even it's rational enough in acknowledging the "real world" of the federal courts system.
( that #21 6 game suspension, and the ensuing court filings,easily illustrate that point)

Flamma

Reaction score
For real they are making this more dramatic than it needs to be

They do this with all high profile players. They get no anonymity. Look at all of the complaints about what Zeke does. What does he do that is so troublesome? He's what, 24? So he's not an altar boy, big deal. He just needs to remember that he's being watched and recognizable.

WR John Taylor once mentioned in an interview that he really liked the fact he could go almost anywhere and not be recognized. Everyone swarmed to Jerry Rice whenever they saw him.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I would have cut his **** already and took his contract to court to strip him of every $ I can.

:cool:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm thinking all this drama was all created by HBO so people would tune in. HBO has the money to pay the main characters to generate the ratings.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I would have cut his **** already and took his contract to court to strip him of every $ I can.

:cool:

No court will go back and give you the draft compensation back, so I wouldn't suggest that route. Not yet at least.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes I am aware of the options, but note how none of those above things have happened yet. They are terrified of angering him. My point is that when you have a spoiled primma donna, it's very easy to manage them when you are in the booth. Not so easy in the real world.
Gruden’s coached many years before in the NFL. He knows exactly what’s going on.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can you imagine the reaction on this board if we had traded for AB and all of his shenanigans were ongoing with us?