Raiders Release NT Justin Ellis

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We just lucked into Woods. We haven’t ever addressed it via the draft...

Rod has just gotta have those quick twitch 3 techs that don’t do this...

I really think hid D-line scheme as outrageously antiquated.

Erratic penetration does absolutely nothing when your dealing with a good QB, not to mention RBs just run straight through the line...

We might as well bring old man river back to Coach the D... We really need a coaching shakeup after this year, when we again fail to get to the promised land...

I wish Jerry would just spend whatever it takes to buy out an entire staff from a successful college or pro team..

It's true that we haven't addressed 1T in the draft, but it was addressed with Woods regardless. The run defending 1T is a half time position. It's the SLB and slot corner of the defense. We're not going to spend a lot on it, and getting a young starter for nothing should be a credit to Marinelli's account, not a debit.

It's fair to criticize the defensive scheme. Supposedly they want to go more to a Seattle type scheme, but don't have the horses for it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let's see Hurst, the skins got 2 stout ones with back to back picks 2 years ago, we should have gotten one for sure but no we took another DE which gave us like 10. Any of those would have helped this D.

Pick number, not people. Of course you can get good 1Ts with picks. But what do you have to spend, and how good are those bets?

Pape

Reaction score
Averages 1.8 tackles per game and 1 sack every 132 games.

he's a rotational DT/NT ... had a few decent years, but really fell off a cliff last year in terms of playing time...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think some of our fans would put this walrus at 1-tech.

UnlinedEqualGalapagosdove-size_restricted.gif

Big, fat, but can he actually play? Who cares?