Raiders release QB Derek Carr

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wonder, if the Raiders don't get Aaron Rodgers, will they tank? I would imagine Rodgers will either be a Jet or a Raider. Perhaps, if they don't get Rodgers, the Raiders may prefer to blow it up and try again next season. Tank the season. Trade all possible draftable players, and try to have a worse team than the Broncos so they can draft a top QB next year.

Nexx

Reaction score
even the Raiders know when to cut ties with mediocrity even though it might be uncomfortable and not good for winning regular season games now... Jones's perpetuate paying mediocrity and being ok with winning regular season games.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wonder, if the Raiders don't get Aaron Rodgers, will they tank? I would imagine Rodgers will either be a Jet or a Raider. Perhaps, if they don't get Rodgers, the Raiders may prefer to blow it up and try again next season. Tank the season. Trade all possible draftable players, and try to have a worse team than the Broncos so they can draft a top QB next year.
If they go with Chase Garbers, the only QB currently on the roster, they won't have to tank. It'll happen naturally.

Keep an eye on Jimmy G. He and McDaniels have a past, and I don't think McDaniels can afford another bad season. He's still trying to prove himself as a HC.

triplets_93

Reaction score
NFL Total Access | Ian Rapoport LATEST on Derek Carr is a free agent draw interest from the Saints and Panthers, amongst others.

Aven8

Reaction score
And people make fun of us for only getting a 5th for Coop. Not getting anything for him is ridiculous!

John813

Reaction score
Hard to compare him to Cooper.

Carr had a NTC in his deal, so, he sort of controlled his future and with that guarantee to his 2023 and 2024 salary happening the next day the Raiders couldn't take that risk of holding onto him and hoping Carr would eventually accept a trade to a team willing to offer decent compensation.
Add in a bad 2022 season, the writing was on the wall he would be cut. The team designed his deal to have an early out, and Carr got the NTC so they couldn't simply trade him to the highest bidder.