Rams are flying in Sanchez QB reportedly

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The Rams have reportedly purchased a plane ticket for USC QB Mark Sanchez to travel to St. Louis on Sunday.

Nicely played. The Rams just upped the stakes in the race to acquire Sanchez and may have found a way to get themselves out of the No. 2 spot. Or maybe it's just a desperate Costanza-esque move to escalate a ploy they have no intention of following through.
Source: NFL.com
Related: Rams

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The Rams have no intention of drafting Sanchez. It's just a way to turn up the smoke screen to smoke out.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Probably just want to get people to trade up with them and not the 'Hawks or Jags to take Sanchez. I'd be surprised if the Rams take him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
This is Our Year;2744597 said:
Probably just want to get people to trade up with them and not the 'Hawks or Jags to take Sanchez. I'd be surprised if the Rams take him.

i agree, but thats how you get smoke screens working, you bring in the player that teams like denver, jets and Commanders want;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2744614 said:
i agree, but thats how you get smoke screens working, you bring in the player that teams like denver, jets and Commanders want;

Rams Could Be In Hot Water Over Plane Fare

In response to the story that the Rams have bought a plane ticket for USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, a league source tells us that the Rams might eventually be making an even larger donation in the form of cash or future draft picks.

“If the Rams purchased a ticket for Sanchez they are breaking rules,” a league source told us tonight. “They can do no such thing until they are on the clock. I would think the Commish would get a little testy over that.”

It’s possible that the Rams didn’t buy a ticket, and that they floated the story to Steve Wyche of NFL.com in order to advance a ruse aimed at getting Commanders owner Daniel Snyder to offer St. Louis a boatload of picks or players to move up to No. 2.

But if they went the extra step and actually purchased the ticket — even if they aren’t really interested in Sanchez — they could be in trouble.

We still think the Rams don’t want Sanchez, primarily because they have bigger needs. And they have Marc Bulger.

Though we wouldn’t be completely surprised by a decision from the Rams to draft Sanchez and trade Bulger, the Rams don’t need to take a bonus acceleration to help get to the salary floor; they currently have only $10 million in cap space, which puts them above the 2009 spending minimum.