Rams/Cardinals Game Thread

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
6 completed passes to wide open receivers for 86 yards in the whole half.
21-0 lead. Must be nice. :huh:

80 yards on 17 rushes by their RBs. Running game matters. The Cowboys lost theirs, and the offense fell off accordingly.

Defense not letting the other team score on their first four possessions helps, too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Never understood the hype around him, when teams shut down his scrambling lanes he's awful. I know Brees and Wilson are also short for an NFL quarterback, but at some point you're just too short. He's listed at 5-10 but 5 8 1/2 is more like it...

Brees career is phenomenal, particularly looking from the perspective height. You could tell though, the games he struggled in the playoffs it was when there was some interior push up the middle, which obviously created issues regarding his view.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We made Murray look like Tom Brady. Now look at him...

We don't have an Aaron Donald or such, easy to be a great 5-8 quarterback when you have all day in the pocket and running lanes 10 yards wide, as when he plays Dallas...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Brees career is phenomenal, particularly looking from the perspective height. You could tell though, the games he struggled in the playoffs it was when there was some interior push up the middle, which obviously created issues regarding his view.

Interior push up the middle disrupts every QB.

TheHerd

Reaction score
3rd and short, great route combo for a wide open easy first down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They beat us 25-22. Let’s not act like it was an offensive explosion. They shut down our run game and filled the passing lanes and held us to 22 points. That’s why they won. Dak led the Cowboys in rushing with 20 yards. That’s all anyone needs to know to ID the biggest problem in Dallas.

They had 399 yards of offense. Kyler Murray put up 272 yards and 2 TDs. They rushed for 127 yards. They won the time of possession battle. They were very efficient offensively against us. Unlike the previous three teams they played where they struggled. Here they are struggling again tonight.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That is not what i was told two weeks ago...

Definition of franchise qb is what i was told.

Amazing what playing against the Cowboys does for the other team, as long as they have a pulse.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If we were in the NFC west would we have made the playoffs?

I doubt it.

If the Eagles made it so could we, the NFL is getting more like the NBA every year, before long there will be the division winners and 4 wild cards in each conference in the playoffs, you just watch...