Rams first game in new stadium

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What effect do you think that may have in the Rams team? This team?

Does MM have this team ready and able to ignore the hoopla and allure of what looks to be a very beautiful football field? The media and energy that will surround it for at least the first game this Sunday?

I'm not sure how much energy will be there with no fans, but I have heard the end zones are like nothing we've ever seen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What effect do you think that may have in the Rams team? This team?

Does MM have this team ready and able to ignore the hoopla and allure of what looks to be a very beautiful football field? The media and energy that will surround it for at least the first game this Sunday?
There’s not going to be any fans in the stands. Can’t imagine much of an energy level.

It is a beautiful stadium. I’ve been following on Hard Knocks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL is providing the fake crowd noise. 10-1 that Belichick violates this rule first

"The audio must not be played at 70 decibels (dB), no higher or lower, and start from kick off. Noise levels will be monitored by the NFL throughout the game to ensure that crowd noise does not go above or below that level."

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nfl-films-fake-crowd-noise-2020-season-stadium-audio

More like what will Seattle do, they can't pump in fake crowd noise with the fan noise. But yes, if bill could find a way he would.
I think KC does the same thing as Seattle.

KC is supposed to have 17,000 fans Thursday night, so does the crowd noise still get added, or not.

cern

Reaction score
hardly the fanfare the nfl was hoping for at it's newest flagship stadium opening event.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The line has moved to Dallas -3. I’m tempted to take the Rams at home. Hoping here locally it will inch closer to 4.

Aaron Donald has looked like a beast in training camp footage on Hard Knocks. They have to stop almost every play he bull rushes the QB. Our depleted OL is going to probably be the difference maker.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
More like what will Seattle do, they can't pump in fake crowd noise with the fan noise. But yes, if bill could find a way he would.
I think KC does the same thing as Seattle.

KC is supposed to have 17,000 fans Thursday night, so does the crowd noise still get added, or not.
Good question but some fans does make a difference IMO. I’ve watched a few college games already and a few fans in the stands makes the appearance of normality. Despite if there’s much noise.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question but some fans does make a difference IMO. I’ve watched a few college games already and a few fans in the stands makes the appearance of normality. Despite if there’s much noise.

Yes, fans make a big difference.
From what MLB, NHL, NBA, I watched with no fans. It is very different, but actually got a little used to it. But then again, I do not watch the entire game to really care.
Football will be different.
I have not watched any college games yet. Not sure I will since the Big 10 is not playing. But will catch some games here and there, or parts of them.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
hardly the fanfare the nfl was hoping for at it's newest flagship stadium opening event.

How about the new stadium for the new team in Vegas? It's also going to be empty.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
From what MLB, NHL, NBA, I watched with no fans. It is very different, but actually got a little used to it. But then again, I do not watch the entire game to really care.
I have not watched any college games yet. Not sure I will since the Big 10 is not playing. But will catch some games here and there, or parts of them.

Caught some of BYU-Navy the other night. There was no piped in or dubbed crowd noise. Just an eerie, empty stadium. You could hear a lot of chatter from the sidelines but zero atmosphere - like watching a scrimmage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Caught some of BYU-Navy the other night. There was no piped in or dubbed crowd noise. Just an eerie, empty stadium. You could hear a lot of chatter from the sidelines but zero atmosphere - like watching a scrimmage.
Yea the smaller venue games with 25% occupancy like SMU @ Texas State are much more realistic.

Big 12 in Texas destinations is going to allow 25% as well as SEC I believe. 20,000 fans or so will seem more normal. No fans, I think will lose some of its luster. We’ll see how desperate we are for football.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At least some pumped in noise crowd like the NHL done makes it seem batter. No noise like that, and some background chatter would really suck.
MLB had some pumped in noise the first week, though light, and seen a game with no noise, that was very weird and awful. I think mow all are doing it.

At least the NFL will have it even across the board, as well some games will have fans. As many as permitted by the states for now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I applaud the Big 10 and Pac 12. Big 12 already has one game postponed this weekend with TCU/ SMU without enough players to suit up for TCU. I expect more interruptions this season

dfense

Reaction score
Hopefully just like the last time they christened the Rams "new" stadium.

MikeB80

Reaction score
My 1st thought was...wonder if Dak pulls an Eli....:muttley:

Eli Manning had a knack for taking his team down the field and scoring when his team was trailing in the fourth quarter particularly against Dallas.

So I am going to go with...Probably Not.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its too bad there's no crowd........but the Rams are kinda used to it anyway. Besides, if they had allowed fans, more than half would be cowboy fans.

csirl

Reaction score

Been through this with European soccer. You get used to the lack of crowds after a couple of games - its surprising how little it impacts on the intensity of the game on the field. Some networks were giving a choice of 2 feeds - with or without dubbed crowd noise. The dubbed noise is annoying - a bit like canned laughter on a comedy show - you know its not real.

Real crowds are the best, but natural empty stadium noise beats fake noise.