Rams/Packers Div Game

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And Romo was back, but they decided to start Dak even though Romo was back, and the history is we wasted the OL and Zeke, while some people are still saying we should have drafted Ramsey over Zeke, as if he saved Jacksonville.

Imagine what we would have been without a rushing attack these last five years?
I actually was a fan of us drafting Ramsey and King Henry. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I remember a draftnick said that is what a smart football team would have done and the Cowboys would regret it. Wasting 2014 through 2017 with this offensive line was the biggest mistake of the Joneses ownership. That is why I really don’t like Zeke as a player.

jwitten82

Reaction score
This is what is funny to me. Rodgers gets zero blame for any of it. Just like Rodgers himself, he blames everyone else. He wasn't doing the team any favors either. McCarthy was bad, sure. But so was Rodgers.
Which season was Rodgers bad?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what is funny to me. Rodgers gets zero blame for any of it. Just like Rodgers himself, he blames everyone else. He wasn't doing the team any favors either. McCarthy was bad, sure. But so was Rodgers.

MM was not given any help from the FO to get defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
I have no doubt Romo would have been awesome in 2016. But they couldn’t go back to him after what Dak had done that year as a rookie. It was the right thing to do.

Dak was awful against the Vikings and Giants. And if we are looking back to drafting Ramsey over Zeke, Zeke was drafted for Romo period, not Dan. It’s obvious that we wasted years catering to Dak.

Even if you argue that we shouldn’t have gone back to him though the Eagles game clearly indicates otherwise, Romo still should have started the next year. 2017 was a complete disaster for Dak.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Aaron Donald disappearing in big games again. Where was he against New England in the Super Bowl?

He better pick it up, otherwise I can see Rams fans feeling a bit disappointed once again. Elgton Jenkins is winning so far.

khiladi

Reaction score
I actually was a fan of us drafting Ramsey and King Henry. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I remember a draftnick said that is what a smart football team would have done and the Cowboys would regret it. Wasting 2014 through 2017 with this offensive line was the biggest mistake of the Joneses ownership. That is why I really don’t like Zeke as a player.

Henry is on another level. Generational talent, at this pace, going to be mentioned among guys like Dickerson and Emmitt. My point is that Zeke wasn’t wasting anything his first three years here. It was the QB that was wasting our team. When Zeke got suspended for six games, Dak was a train wreck.

khiladi

Reaction score
Aaron Donald disappearing in big games again. Where was he against New England in the Super Bowl?

He better pick it up, otherwise I can see Rams fans feeling a bit disappointed once again. Elgton Jenkins is winning so far.

Goff is the reason they lost to NE. The defense completely held Brady in check.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak was awful against the Vikings and Giants. And if we are looking back to drafting Ramsey over Zeke, Zeke was drafted for Romo period, not Dan. It’s obvious that we wasted years catering to Dak.

Even if you argue that we shouldn’t have gone back to him though the Eagles game clearly indicates otherwise, Romo still should have started the next year. 2017 was a complete disaster for Dak.

Romo was my favorite player, but availability is what killed his career. He’s a way better QB than Dak, but Dak has skills too, and arguably the best leader around here since Irvin.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
MM was not given any help from the FO to get defense.

Big Mike sucks. He has no excuses. Jason freaking Garrett did better than him the year before with even worse defensive pieces (an under performing D-Law, no Diggs, same CB’s). Big Mike and Nolan just suck and Quinn sucks less, but still sucks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The difference between Mike McCarthy and LaFleur, is the latter runs the ball.

this year MM cant run the ball, reason 1.Kelln moores calling the plays, 2. we are playing from behind a lot sometimes 3 scores, ie bad defense will cause a lot more pass plays playing catchup and lastly the OL was far better at pass blocking then run blocking,,

hard to do much with 3rd string OL , backup QBS and bad defense..

lets see full season with Dak the starting OL , healthy zeke and some pollard all on the filed together..im betting a lot more runs are called,,

aria

Reaction score
My god, his pocket presence is amazing, he knew exactly when to throw it.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
this year MM cant run the ball, reason 1.Kelln moores calling the plays, 2. we are playing from behind a lot sometimes 3 scores, ie bad defense will cause a lot more pass plays playing catchup and lastly the OL was far better at pass blocking then run blocking,,

hard to do much with 3rd string OL , backup QBS and bad defense..

lets see full season with Dak the starting OL , healthy zeke and some pollard all on the filed together..im betting a lot more runs are called,,

MM can’t run the ball because Zeke fell off a cliff and lost his juice. The other reasons you listed are valid, but let’s not ignore the actual issue at hand (Zeke). Can’t wait til he’s cut.