Actually it is done..he's the hc of the Bengals

_sturt_

Reaction score
He will regret that job
A low talent team with a tight owner
A recipe for failure
The best job this year was the Browns
Loads of talent, picks and a QB

That town desperately needs someone to buy Mike Brown out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will regret that job
A low talent team with a tight owner
A recipe for failure
The best job this year was the Browns
Loads of talent, picks and a QB

Actually the Bengals have a decent talented roster. Not as much as it was a few years ago, but still not bad.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Actually it is done..he's the hc of the Bengals
Actually no it isn’t ... now he probably will be but he can not be signed to a contract or officially offered the job until his team is no longer in the playoffs ..:

See Josh McDaniel last year , he can change his mind if he so chooses :.-again he probably will be the next coach of the Bengals, but not yet

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assume they’re going to get someone that is going to benefit Dak. If they don’t get someone to help this kid they’re stupid, and we would’ve wasted Romo and Dak. I’m glad they’re doing what they need.

I Was told on here repeatedly by someone, then he resorted to insulting me, that Dak doesn't need anyone to help him, as far a QB coach goes, so why would an OC help him ....:laugh:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Actually the Bengals have a decent talented roster. Not as much as it was a few years ago, but still not bad.

It is said that Marvin Lewis eventually was able to gain more control of the draft day war room... the outcomes certainly support that rumor.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
did not interview, and window still open. But now have to wait until Rams eliminated to talk to him.

Understand but until an official announcement, I'm standing by my guy........Aaron Kromer, Rams running game coordinator.

Reactions: BAT

JBS

Reaction score
Actually no it isn’t ... now he probably will be but he can not be signed to a contract or officially offered the job until his team is no longer in the playoffs ..:

See Josh McDaniel last year , he can change his mind if he so chooses :.-again he probably will be the next coach of the Bengals, but not yet

Nope. My sources telling me the ink is already dry

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Nope. My sources telling me the ink is already dry
Well then your source is quite frankly wrong :.. that is against league policy and would result in fines or worse :..

AGAIN he most likely is going to be the next bengals head coach but it CANT be official until the Rams are eliminated . In addition all contracts must be approved by league office before official too. So whomever your source is he or she is either full of dirt , or extremely foolish to allow anyone else insiders knowledge that would get the bengals in serious trouble .. a decision that is only known by higher ups in the bengals or Zachary Taylor himself :. So I call BS on your source

SSoup

Reaction score
Uhh why would he not take a head coaching job??
For roughly the same reason Sean Payton wisely turned down the Raiders job and remained an assistant coach until a better situation came along, hypothetically.

Granted, I think another year or two spent in McVay's orbit might be worth more than a year or two running a random offense that doesn't figure to be as good as the Rams'.

But, then again, since Taylor's two experiences as a coordinator were both poor (losing records and bad offenses during his brief stint taking over as the Dolphins' coordinator in 2015 and the Cincinnati Bearcats offense in 2016)... maybe he feels like he needs to be a coordinator again to prove he's better than his track record in order to get offered a better job than a miserable job for a terrible organization in Ohio.

fansince68

Reaction score
I assume they’re going to get someone that is going to benefit Dak. If they don’t get someone to help this kid they’re stupid, and we would’ve wasted Romo and Dak. I’m glad they’re doing what they need.
That's the problem. Jerry is becoming reactive instead of proactive in his old age. Daks weaknesses were obvious to most, LAST YEAR. Linehans offense was problematic and predictable LAST YEAR. When you wait to long to make corrections, sometimes irreparable damage occurs. Jerry needs real people that know football and have the ability to evolve and adjust.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That's the problem. Jerry is becoming reactive instead of proactive in his old age. Daks weaknesses were obvious to most, LAST YEAR. Linehans offense was problematic and predictable LAST YEAR. When you wait to long to make corrections, sometimes irreparable damage occurs. Jerry needs real people that know football and have the ability to evolve and adjust.

While I agree with you. Let’s just hope whoever is hired has a plan.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Why would Taylor come here to be OC when he can become the HC in Cincy?

Not to mention, bring in his own OC which would likely be younger brother Press Taylor (QB coach for the Egirls).

Reactions: BAT

Maverick84

Reaction score
The "inside" source is Rayman. It's nonsense, but not like we have anything better to do now that it's the offseason.
when it comes to "inside" sources on this board, I have my opinion on just exactly where "inside" resides