Twitter: Rams Release RB Todd Gurley

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No I don't think so. Chiefs could've traded.....let's say Frank Clark for Saquon Barkley. Is that a better hypothetical?

So you think that somebody is going to trade their second overall pick for Frank Clark? Now who is defying logic?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You want stats I want a perennial playoff contender. No one is arguing that Zeke is not a gifted back. The problem is the salary cap kills teams who spend foolishly on skill players. Didn't you notice the Cowboys have pretty much $%#@ the bed in the salary cap era? Have not even sniffed a 2nd round playoff win in a quarter century. Why is that? Didn't they have MBIII, Murray and now Zeke? Perhaps they had highly paid running backs and no D, or no OL, or no Special teams, or a combo of the three.

Keep your high priced RBs. It's the dumbest investment in football.

To have a playoff contender you need players that put up numbers and produce. There has to be production at the skill positions to get anywhere. Putting big money on an elite back isn’t spending foolishly. There’s always a gamble they could get hurt and end up like Todd Gurley. The salary cap isn’t the reason the Cowboys haven’t gotten past the divisional round in the playoffs in 20+ years. The biggest reason has been the coaching. We’ve had a lot of good players but aren’t getting the most out of the talent we have and that falls on the coaching.

The last 5 Cowboys head coaches have only accounted for two playoff wins. Two of the best teams the Cowboys have had in the past couple of decades that went 13-3 ended up one and done. The amount of money we’re paying players has nothing to do with our lack of success. Real good players command big salaries. Can’t believe anyone would be complaining about Zeke with the production he’s put up. If you think we would be better without him you’re kidding yourself. We saw in 2017 how valuable he was when we didn’t have him for six games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
RAMS look Gawd awful how they botched their roster and the deals they made. Their last couple drafts have been terrible. Now they are paying the price. Goff was only as good as Gurley 2 years ago. Goff is nothing without a great running game. He simply isn't the guy they thought he was. I see a 5, or 6 win team.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Zeke will meet the same fate. Rams owning up to their mistake
I still believe it was stupid giving Zeke that contract. You don't need the best back in the NFL to win in the NFL. 49ers and Chiefs showed us that . Rather spend that money on the dline.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Zekes weight has been an issue too. I hear he's been trying to remake his body this offseason. My hunch is MM will play whomever runs the ball and catches it better...Zeke or no Zeke.Pollard will surprise in this offense.

He needs to do something about it. I think his weight has slowed him down and causing him to tap out too often.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I still believe it was stupid giving Zeke that contract. You don't need the best back in the NFL to win in the NFL. 49ers and Chiefs showed us that . Rather spend that money on the dline.

ask Emmitt that question.

and TonyD.

Flamma

Reaction score
16 carries
115 yards
7.2 ypc
1 TD

What a nightmare.

It was exactly like Prime Dickerson interestingly enough. Except Eric got twice the carries the last time we met him in the playoffs. So just double all those numbers except ypc of course. Which I think was the same.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok forget Barkley then. Would the Chiefs had lost the Super Bowl if they traded for Leveon Bell?

This is a better scenario. Now, in this scenario, how do you design the Offense? What do I mean by this? Well, what does KC do? Answer to that, they don't run a balanced attack and they don't use the rushing game as a focal point of their offense. They use Mahomes to throw the ball all over the field. So, the question you have to ask is, does KC really need a back such as a Bell or Barkley? If you look at Bell, BTW, his numbers have tanked, but lets say they did bring him in in 2018, then does it benefit the Chiefs to take away 150/200 throws from Mahomes to give to Bell in order to run the type of Offensive scheme that fits him? More importantly, does Andy Reid ever do that? I don't think so. If you do sign Bell, how do you get that done? You don't have the picks because you used them to bring in Clark. So you want to then trade Clark for Bell? Well, I doubt the Steelers would do that but lets say they do, then how do you make up for him on Defense and what do you do about the cap implications that bringing in Bell means? I man, as we all know, Bell didn't play in 2018. He sat out and that's because he wouldn't play for the Tag amount so what would he have cost and how does KC manage that cost and what does it cost them to do that?

See, you can't just say "Oh, if they had signed player XYZ, then they are champs" cause there are moving parts and it doesn't work that way. For every action, there is a reaction and you can't know how those change the dynamics. It's a butterfly effect thing.