Rams | Settlement reached with Martz

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 06:24:15 -0800

Jeff Duncan, Jimmy Smith and Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, report the St. Louis Rams and former head coach Mike Martz reached an agreement on a contract settlement Thursday, Jan. 4, according to agent Bob LaMonte. Martz was scheduled to make $3.25 million next season, the final year of his contract with the Rams.

Saints | Martz added to their list
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 06:18:21 -0800

Jeff Duncan, Jimmy Smith and Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, report the New Orleans Saints have added former St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz to their list of potential head coaching candidates. The Saints contacted the former St. Louis Rams coach Thursday morning to arrange an official interview for late next week, a league source said late Thursday night, Jan. 5.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc said:
My bet would be Martz to the Raiders.
If I were the Lions this is the guy I would be calling. With the WRs and RB they have. He's taken QBs no one has heard of and produced with his offense. If he can't get Harrington untracked it can't be done.

1fisher

Reaction score
Hostile said:
If I were the Lions this is the guy I would be calling. With the WRs and RB they have. He's taken QBs no one has heard of and produced with his offense. If he can't get Harrington untracked it can't be done.

right on Hos....... Look at what he did with a grocery bagger!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
1fisher said:
right on Hos....... Look at what he did with a grocery bagger!
Tell me you'd heard of Bulger before he took over too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Tell me you'd heard of Bulger before he took over too.

I had heard of "A bulger" but not a guy named Bulger. The ladies like him, I bet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I had heard of "A bulger" but not a guy named Bulger. The ladies like him, I bet.
That was sick.

I liked it, but it was sick.

:wink2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
My bet would be Martz to the Raiders.

Seems like a guy that Al would like....or at least the coaching mentality of a vertical game Al would like.

However I also think Al likes coaches who will come cheap and I doubt martz would go for a cheap price.

Duane

Reaction score
Martz is too smart to work for a meathead like Millen - at least I think he is.

I agree that he along with the WRs and RBs they have would be scary. But I'd love to see him with Moss and Porter as well.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
why did the rams fire martz?

because of his health problems?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I was listening to him on the Dan Patrick show during lunch a couple of minutes ago and he said that the Saints contacted him and they spoke very briefly.

He said he didnt know if his agent had been contacted by anyone else.