Rams sign Bortles

dckid

Reaction score
If McVay can turn around Bortles and not pay Goff, he will be labeled the GOAT.
::laugh:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So is this one of the free agents we’re all supposed to be upset about Dallas missing out on?

I mean, I get the general rules: if signed by someone else, they’re good, and if they’re signed by Dallas they suck. Throw in that if McVay did it it was smart, and I guess I answered my own question.

Leave the Bahamas Jerry and sign someone!!

dckid

Reaction score
So is this one of the free agents we’re all supposed to be upset about Dallas missing out on?

I mean, I get the general rules: if signed by someone else, they’re good, and if they’re signed by Dallas they suck. Throw in that if McVay did it it was smart, and I guess I answered my own question.

Leave the Bahamas Jerry and sign someone!!

Guys, just trying to keep it light around here. Bortles sucks no matter how you spin it.
It would still seem like a good guy for us to sign as he already got paid, and is not better than Dak. Dak would not be looking over his shoulder for this clown.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If McVay can turn around Bortles and not pay Goff, he will be labeled the GOAT.
::laugh:
Since defenses figured out that McVay was making audibles through Goff's helmet Goff didn't look the same; so Bortles may be a better fit down the line if McVay can fix his accuracy. Of course for some reason we neglected to take advantage of that in the playoffs.

dckid

Reaction score
Since defenses figured out that McVay was making audibles through Goff's helmet Goff didn't look the same; so Bortles may be a better fit down the line if McVay can fix his accuracy. Of course for some reason we neglected to take advantage of that in the playoffs.
Yep!!
Dont think Goff is worth 30 million a year either. Man I really hope we don't screw ourselves up by overpaying for Dak.

dckid

Reaction score
Goff is going to get paid...he can thank McVay for that. Dak on the other hand had to overcome Linehan......respect!
To me this is where the QB argument breaks down.
Goff is much more a system QB vs a franchise QB. He was the number 1 overall pick but I think Dak with the right coaching is better.
Some team is going to make a colossal QB mistake and then the QB money will probably take a big hit.
It's easy to pay Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Rivers, Mahomes, but once you start thinking 30 million a year for Wentz, Dak, Goff, Ryan( he is probably in between the elites and unproven)
The fact that Sam Bradford got paid 18 million to be a backup last year is outrageous. I urge you all to look up Sam's career earnings, it will astonish you. He is the definition of an average QB and he has made $130 million dollars.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
To me this is where the QB argument breaks down.
Goff is much more a system QB vs a franchise QB. He was the number 1 overall pick but I think Dak with the right coaching is better.
Some team is going to make a colossal QB mistake and then the QB money will probably take a big hit.
It's easy to pay Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Rivers, Mahomes, but once you start thinking 30 million a year for Wentz, Dak, Goff, Ryan( he is probably in between the elites and unproven)
The fact that Sam Bradford got paid 18 million to be a backup last year is outrageous. I urge you all to look up Sam's career earnings, it will astonish you. He is the definition of an average QB and he has made $130 million dollars.
The cap goes up every year so pay goes up every year. Romo was considered over paid at 17 mil year for example when he signed his last big deal. The market says that Kirk Cousins is worth 28 mil a year right now but 3 years from now 28 mil will look cheap compared to the elite QBs in the NFL....provided the cap continues to go up every year as expected.

GMO415

Reaction score
You don't need a $140 million dollar QB when you have Gurley.