Ramsey on QB’s. not a Josh Allen fan

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'm not a Josh Allen fan either. The hype on him was just stupid. If you think Dak is inaccurate, watch this cat!!!!

I get QBs who tear it up in college and then get hype into the NFL. But Allen did nothing at all, even against low quality competition. But scouts are fascinated with size and arm strength. You know who else had big time arm strength? Jamarcus Russell. And he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Like Allen.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't think he should be running his mouth like that, but I don't see where he is too far off. Obviously Flacco doesn't suck, but I'm not that impressed with him. I do think Ryan is overrated. He is a decent to good QB that had a monster offense around him. Never considered him even close to Elite. Big Ben, what do you expect? He's been in the league for what, 2000 years? He's not going to be the same player he was 10 years ago. I don't have any comments about the rookie since I haven't seen him play. But Ramsey has his logic, I'll have to wait to see if he's right.

At least the guy put some reasoning behind his comments.
Flacco is really really closing to suckage. He hasn't been good in a while.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I get QBs who tear it up in college and then get hype into the NFL. But Allen did nothing at all, even against low quality competition. But scouts are fascinated with size and arm strength. You know who else had big time arm strength? Jamarcus Russell. And he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Like Allen.
Better brain and better work ethic than Jamarcus

DFWJC

Reaction score
Friday night’s televised preseason game will show both Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen.
At the very least, I’ll record it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is that supposed to be saying anything? Brain and work ethic aren't going to make you improve your accuracy.
Well, I wasn't one pounding the table about Allen, but It does make a difference at the position and how much a player improves
Are you saying otherwise?

I mean, I do not think this guy will crash and burn like Russell did.
He led a TD drive his 1St game that showed a variety of great skills.
Touchness, anticipation, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, tenacity...all in one drive
He just needs to replicate his good side through repetition and hard work. Its there.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
No class, no respect, no smarts. Oh, that's Coughlin paging one Jaylon Ramsey to his office.
You are one of those people fooled by Coughlins words. Where was he when B Jacobs was running his mouth before every Cowboy game? Or Umenyora? Or Tuck? Some of y’all really fall for media trash narratives instead of the TRUTH.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Ramsey. I have no problem with a guy running his mouth if he can walk the walk, and Ramsey can walk the walk.

Plus, he's going after QBs, when he plays CB. He's directly putting his reputation on the line when he goes up against somebody he's trashed or damned by faint praise. If he gets beat, he looks like a total idiot. That takes stones.

It's kind of like when TO would posture on the star. I hated it, but like Michael said at the time: you don't like it, don't let him score. Now, there are other good reasons for disliking TO, but so far, Ramsey doesn't seem to have any of those problems. A guy wanting to win bad enough to cry on the sidelines is all good in my book. Though, Golden Tate handled him pretty well on that count this week. :)

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I like Ramsey. I have no problem with a guy running his mouth if he can walk the walk, and Ramsey can walk the walk.

Plus, he's going after QBs, when he plays CB. He's directly putting his reputation on the line when he goes up against somebody he's trashed or damned by faint praise. If he gets beat, he looks like a total idiot. That takes stones.

It's kind of like when TO would posture on the star. I hated it, but like Michael said at the time: you don't like it, don't let him score. Now, there are other good reasons for disliking TO, but so far, Ramsey doesn't seem to have any of those problems. A guy wanting to win bad enough to cry on the sidelines is all good in my book. Though, Golden Tate handled him pretty well on that count this week. :)
Still got TO all in your mouth? That’s obsession at this point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still got TO all in your mouth? That’s obsession at this point.

Not really. TO is a great example of a guy who'd talk the talk and walk the walk. Beyond the standing on the star, he'd do things like the Ray Lewis end zone dance. His back and forth with DeAngelo Hall was pretty good there for a bit, too.

It's actually possible to mention TO in a context that's not necessarily negative. He was a great player for a long time and involved in a lot of NFL headlines and feuds during his career.

There's more to the guy than just being a team cancer and a narcissist.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
You are one of those people fooled by Coughlins words. Where was he when B Jacobs was running his mouth before every Cowboy game? Or Umenyora? Or Tuck? Some of y’all really fall for media trash narratives instead of the TRUTH.
What were Coughlin's words and how does the media trash relate to any of this?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
What were Coughlin's words and how does the media trash relate to any of this?
Words, actions. Stop playing dumb. Bottom line is this myth that he doesn’t tolerate players running their mouth is bs. You as a supposed Cowboy fan should know that

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Words, actions. Stop playing dumb. Bottom line is this myth that he doesn’t tolerate players running their mouth is bs. You as a supposed Cowboy fan should know that
The topic is Ramsey. I injected Coughlin as a joke. Keep y'all excess baggage to yerself.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
This kid is so good I wonder if he did this to tick off other QBs and get them to throw his direction. There might be a method to his madness and he has the skills to back it up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This kid is so good I wonder if he did this to tick off other QBs and get them to throw his direction. There might be a method to his madness and he has the skills to back it up.
Not out of the question