Ramsey Rodgers

PA Cowboy11

Reaction score
I watched all the highlights and all, and i must say, Ramsey sucks. I mean all I hear is how Commander fans are so enamored with him and he is such a good player. I'm sorry, but i don't see it. He is a bad player on a bad team. They don't want to admit it, but they are just plain bad. Comcast from Philly had a sportswriter on tonight and he talked about the gap. The gap between the NFC East and the Eagles. He said Dallas had a great draft and talked up Canty, but said he was like 325 which is like 30 pounds too much, and also how dallas with the draft and free agents are much improved. Giants will be better with a healthy Shockey, Barber, and if Eli ever gets it. Commanders a bad bad team with a horrible QB, but a pretty good defense. I have to agree, the Commanders are a bad team with a bad quarterback and nowhere to go.

mbanx

Reaction score
Is Jason Campbell hurt? I don't think he has played in a game this preseason, at least he did not play last night.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Whos Ramsey Rodgers. Also, I am gald you have the talent to sum up a career from a few preseason highlights. But your not really telling us anything new, we all know the Skins suck royally.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, this (or next at best) year will be Gibbs last year.

Hell, may be the Skins will go on a roll when he leaves.

Tony Stewart (Gibbs Racing) has won the last 5 out of 7 NASCAR races for the first time in his career with Gibbs out of the picture.

:laugh1:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
PA Cowboy11 said:
I watched all the highlights and all, and i must say, Ramsey sucks. I mean all I hear is how Commander fans are so enamored with him and he is such a good player. I'm sorry, but i don't see it. He is a bad player on a bad team. They don't want to admit it, but they are just plain bad. Comcast from Philly had a sportswriter on tonight and he talked about the gap. The gap between the NFC East and the Eagles. He said Dallas had a great draft and talked up Canty, but said he was like 325 which is like 30 pounds too much, and also how dallas with the draft and free agents are much improved. Giants will be better with a healthy Shockey, Barber, and if Eli ever gets it. Commanders a bad bad team with a horrible QB, but a pretty good defense. I have to agree, the Commanders are a bad team with a bad quarterback and nowhere to go.

You'll find a healthy group of Ramsey "apologists" amongst skins fans but the majority have jumped ship! Most are on the start Brunell bandwagon and are super happy that Gibbs opted to draft for Campbell. I watched their pre-season game last night with three skins fans who seem to hate Ramsey. Ramsey is an erratic heartbreaker for them. He has a big arm and will make a couple of big throws only to be followed by a "huuuh.... *** could you possibly be thinking int.."

ndanger

Reaction score
Sarge said:
IMO, this (or next at best) year will be Gibbs last year.

Hell, may be the Skins will go on a roll when he leaves.

Tony Stewart (Gibbs Racing) has won the last 5 out of 7 NASCAR races for the first time in his career with Gibbs out of the picture.

:laugh1:
Yeah Sarge but perhaps it's because he took the money he stole from Snyder and sunk it into Stewarts cars! I dunno! :eek:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ndanger said:
Yeah Sarge but perhaps it's because he took the money he stole from Snyder and sunk it into Stewarts cars! I dunno! :eek:

He certainly hasn't thrown any $ into Bobby Labontes' car.

;)

ndanger

Reaction score
Sarge said:
He certainly hasn't thrown any $ into Bobby Labontes' car.

;)
Yeah but do you blame him.He's got the personality of a cardboard box!:D

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I was at the preseason game last night, and Ramsey bad TWO awful mistakes when he should of thrown it aways. Besides that, he have some decent passes to Patten and Moss. I wouldn't say it was as bad as some would say, or as good as some others. He has a way to go.

a few things to KNOW.

Gibbs is not leaving after this year. He's still team Prez and minority owner after he's done coaching.

The starting D caused a turnover and zero points last night.

Our special teams aren't meant for special-ed anymore.

and that's it. Everything else is just preseason.

Brunell didn't complete a pass to a WR until 17min into his turn (2 min into the 4th)

Finally, Tuna will retire from his 4th team (or is it 5th) before Gibbs is done coaching this time around. Tuna might even be with his next team before Gibbs is done with this round.

this thread should be in the NFL Zone of this board, now the Cowboy's chat.

Fred Smith

Benched
Reaction score
The Commanders are no worse off at Quarterback than Dallas is. In fact, since they have Jason Campbell, they are better off.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I wouldn't say better off.

I'd say both teams have big fat question marks on offense this year. That simple.

Both teams just have a ways to go before contending.

ndanger

Reaction score
Fred Smith said:
The Commanders are no worse off at Quarterback than Dallas is. In fact, since they have Jason Campbell, they are better off.
Not if he turns out to be Quincy jr.:D

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Wheat said:
I was at the preseason game last night, and Ramsey bad TWO awful mistakes when he should of thrown it aways. Besides that, he have some decent passes to Patten and Moss. I wouldn't say it was as bad as some would say, or as good as some others. He has a way to go.

a few things to KNOW.

Gibbs is not leaving after this year. He's still team Prez and minority owner after he's done coaching.

Brunell didn't complete a pass to a WR until 17min into his turn (2 min into the 4th)

Finally, Tuna will retire from his 4th team (or is it 5th) before Gibbs is done coaching this time around. Tuna might even be with his next team before Gibbs is done with this round.

Let me guess... skins homer! Great analysis... :rolleyes: Carlos Rogers should be considered a starter... you seem to KNOW alot about the future.. I wonder what your take is on the two Boys/Skins game is... :lmao:

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
guess you don't know me.

Ask your Mods about my takes on things.

Then I'll just chill and wait for your apology.

thanks for me being so classy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wheat said:

a few things to KNOW.

This Zone area is now intended for the hot topics and the Skins are applicable. When it falls off it will be moved to the NFL Zone tho yes.

Gibbs may or may not last. A lot depends on his health. Same with BP. The one certian thing is that BP has no second love interest the way Gibbs does. BP couldn't survive without football period.

Ramsey is an ideal backup IMHO. I never thought he was talented enough to go round 1. His accuracy beyond shorter stuff is very questionable and his tendency to make mistakes is an issue because he's no longer a 1st/2nd year guy.

Carlos Rogers is a huge area of concern. He was beaten by 5 yards on a repeat of a previous play by a 230 plus pound WR for a TD. He was playing 10 yards off the ball. He may ultimately be a very good player but as we saw with TNew a guy starting slowly can snowball into a year of carnage. If Rogers was a 1st teamer last night then there would have been no 1st team shutout to brag about.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Rogers was wearing a boot until last week or alittle earlier.

He looked raw last night, missing the begining of camp will do that to you.

He got burned badly in his 1st action, that's for sure.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wheat said:
guess you don't know me.

Ask your Mods about my takes on things.

Then I'll just chill and wait for your apology.

thanks for me being so classy.

I know you, and generally speaking, you're a real asset to the board. FWIW, I don't think the other poster was being classless, and nobody owes you an apology.

It's a Cowboys board, after all. We were a playoff team in 2003, and believe we've made more postiive moves in the offseason than our division rivals. Our '500 QB' is a significant upgrade over either of the previous two starting QB's. There's reason for optimism here. You shouldn't be so surprised when you encounter it.

jem88

Reaction score
Idgit said:
I know you, and generally speaking, you're a real asset to the board. FWIW, I don't think the other poster was being classless, and nobody owes you an apology.

It's a Cowboys board, after all. We were a playoff team in 2003, and believe we've made more postiive moves in the offseason than our division rivals. Our '500 QB' is a significant upgrade over either of the previous two starting QB's. There's reason for optimism here. You shouldn't be so surprised when you encounter it.
I don't think there's reason for much optimism this year. We're installing a new defence with a lot of young players. We have a huge question mark at right tackle which, combined with the statue we have at QB, could lead to disaster, thus bringing us to our backup QBs....

I think we have a bright looking future, but there are significant concerns for this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jem88 said:
I don't think there's reason for much optimism this year. We're installing a new defence with a lot of young players. We have a huge question mark at right tackle which, combined with the statue we have at QB, could lead to disaster, thus bringing us to our backup QBs....

I think we have a bright looking future, but there are significant concerns for this year.
Why does it matter that a defense is new or not?

Just dont get that one.
Its not hard to play defense if you have talent.

Ware will struggle but he would have regardless of scheme. He's a rookie learning nuances he never touched before. Is Burnett gonna struggle because its a 3-4? I seriously doubt it because its still read the play, beat the blocker, tackle the guy, rush the QB, cover the TE or RB.

CBs still cover, RW still has to hit guys. Its not rocket science.

We have a true NT now and the pass rushing pressure is off the DE's which essentially means they can play the run which we have been teaching for years anyway.

RT is an issue but it can easily be solved with 3 million bucks spent on a veteran RT. Terry, Gragg or Verba would man the position at more than an acceptable level. We have 3 Pro Bowl caliber OL in Flo, Rivera and LA so the RT need not be a star; just something more than a braindead walking penalty. Lined up between Rivera and Dan Campbell the RT shouldn't have too hard a time.