Ramsey Rodgers

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
then you need to watch more football. ;)

It historically takes much of a season for a new D to Gel when you're making so many changes.

Going from 4-3 to 3-4 is about as big of a change as you can make.

I agree, they are good moves.

However, I think you won't see the results in the first 3/4's of 05.

jem88

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Why does it matter that a defense is new or not?

Just dont get that one.
Its not hard to play defense if you have talent.
The scheme is new this year. Established players like Glover and Ellis will be playing in an unfamiliar scheme, not to mention that this is Zimmer's first year coaching the 3-4. So I would say that it matters quite a bit.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
if you want to talk about a young QB struggling. Look no further than 45 miles North of me.

Kyle Boller's stats are worse than Ramsey, and this preseason (especially tonight), he was awful.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
You'll find a healthy group of Ramsey "apologists" amongst skins fans but the majority have jumped ship! Most are on the start Brunell bandwagon and are super happy that Gibbs opted to draft for Campbell. I watched their pre-season game last night with three skins fans who seem to hate Ramsey. Ramsey is an erratic heartbreaker for them. He has a big arm and will make a couple of big throws only to be followed by a "huuuh.... *** could you possibly be thinking int.."

Brunell has astounded me with how good he's looked in preseason... the guy looked like his tank was on empty all of last season, I mean he just stunk... but this Brunell looks an awful lot like the young Jaguars' quarterback he once was...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Wheat said:
then you need to watch more football. ;)

It historically takes much of a season for a new D to Gel when you're making so many changes.

Didn't work that way for Gregg Williams when he came to the Skins, did it?? Forgot about that one, did you??

"Historically" isn't worth a crap as an argument anyway:

Historically, no team had ever lost their first 2 games and gone on to win the Super Bowl-- until the Cowboys did it...

Historically, no team that boasted the NFL's leading rusher ever won a Super Bowl-- until the Cowboys did it...

You might have a point about the Cowboys struggling early in the season, but that will be as much a reflection of playing on the road a lot early on as it will a reflection of their new defense... going by the results of the first preseason game, it seems more likely that the offense will struggle early than the defense...

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
we won 6 games last year, so yeah....History is still backing me up here. the D was good, and got much better towards the end of the year. But they didn't start causing turnovers and making more of an impact until later on. They also didn't make such a dramatic change like a 4-3 to a 4-3.

Look. I'm not ragging on your players or plans. Just that it takes TIME.

also, this BRUNELL didn't complete a pass to a WR until 2 min into the 4th. He played the whole 3rd. So, no....he didn't look any better, and that was against scrubs.

I'll say it again. the starting D left the field up 7-0. They left Carlos Rogers in there, and he got toasted crispy.

But after 2 preseason games, if this is how we rate teams. Then there are some playoffs teams like the Ravens who look like they might go winless.