Ramsey wanting to be traded.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Word is Ramsey wants to be traded from the Redskinz. Would you go for a fair trade where we got a good deal in him. I would. Here is why.

I have seen some of his games. He has good size for a QB. He is strong. He also has a cannon for a arm. He has a good feel for pressure and knows how to move in the pocket.

He would be a big improvement over Romo or Henson. There would be no work that needs to be done on fixing throwing motions or being away from football for years. I think his prob is bad coaches and just not fittin in with that team.

A new team and better coaches and he has what it takes to be a very good QB. I think he could do good here. If we could get him at a good deal I would be all for it.

Smith22

Reaction score
Nope. I think he is in trouble. A few years ago, yeah, I would have wanted him. The man has just taken a beating in his short career, with Spurrier having him take shot after shot with his lack of protection schemes. The constant change in foreskin land hasn't helped him either, but I think I would pass at this point. IF we go after a QB, look to the 1st or 2nd round of the draft and DON'T pick a QB who would rather be playing baseball.

jbsg02

Reaction score
he hasnt shown me anything. id be hesitant to give upmore than a late round pick

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
There is no way that Coach Parcells would have any interest in Patrick Ramsey. None.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I would have two years ago. I am second guessing now.

Heck, a lot of the beating he took was from us...Its the least we could do for the kid.

How would the Skins feel if we picked him up for a conditional 7th...Then he became our QB of the future and beat the snot outta the skins for the next 8 years...It would be Babe Ruth all over...the curse of 2005.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'd give them Dexter Coakley and a 12th round draft pick for Patrick Ramsey.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
cowheel said:
Quincy Carter > Patrick Ramsey.

Well, Ramsey is still in the league, so I'd still have to rate him higher than Carter.

When QB hungry teams like the Ravens and Bears aren't calling Quincy, you know there have to be some serious concerns/issues with the guy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Nope. I think he is in trouble. A few years ago, yeah, I would have wanted him. The man has just taken a beating in his short career, with Spurrier having him take shot after shot with his lack of protection schemes. The constant change in foreskin land hasn't helped him either, but I think I would pass at this point. IF we go after a QB, look to the 1st or 2nd round of the draft and DON'T pick a QB who would rather be playing baseball.

Thats what impresses me the most about the kid. Hes been killed while being on one of the worst teams ever for a young QB to be on and he still is willing to keep getting killed.
Put Ramsey on a decent team with some skilled players, coached by a guy that understands you cant just expect miriacles and he would be a good to great QB.

Whats Gibbs is going to find out real soon is Ramsey is still the best QB on his roster. He will never admit it though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
junk said:
Well, Ramsey is still in the league, so I'd still have to rate him higher than Carter.

When QB hungry teams like the Ravens and Bears aren't calling Quincy, you know there have to be some serious concerns/issues with the guy.
They resigned Kordell instead of him. That speaks volumes :laugh2:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to pick up Ramsey at this point. I wanted him a couple of years ago but I now think we have 3 guys AT LEAST as good and I think better on our team already. Henson is probably a similar talent but has not had the beating and the inconsistency in coaching, Romo is a lot more polished and seems to read defenses and follow his progressions better (I know, that is based on preseason), and Bledsoe's career and numbers speak for themselves.

I really admire Ramsey's courage and the way he stood in and took the pounding week after week with Spurrier's moronic offense. I have a lot of respect for the kid and hope he makes good with some team; I just don't think we need him here right now.

kartr

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
They resigned Kordell instead of him. That speaks volumes :laugh2:

Uh hem. Kordell already knows their system. That's why he was resigned.

kartr

Reaction score
junk said:

Did it ever occur to you that since the Ravens gave a number one draft pick to get Boller, who completed under 50% of his passes in college and the Bears, who drafted a smurf qb like Grossman in the first round, that just maybe those teams are not very smart about picking qb's. Indeed, It says more about them than Carter, since he's had more success in the Nfl than any qb on their rosters.I know, I know, they can't take a chance on him having another drug blowup.
But don't you think having a 'mediocre qb' (12th in the NFL in passing yardage in 2003 and a 98 qb rating in 2004) for 12 games(assuming he is under suspension) is better than finishing 31st or 32nd in passing with what they have. Or is that too logical for you?

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:
Did it ever occur to you that since the Ravens gave a number one draft pick to get Boller, who completed under 50% of his passes in college and the Bears, who drafted a smurf qb like Grossman in the first round, that just maybe those teams are not very smart about picking qb's. Indeed, It says more about them than Carter, since he's had more success in the Nfl than any qb on their rosters.I know, I know, they can't take a chance on him having another drug blowup.
But don't you think having a 'mediocre qb' (12th in the NFL in passing yardage in 2003 and a 98 qb rating in 2004) for 12 games(assuming he is under suspension) is better than finishing 31st or 32nd in passing with what they have. Or is that too logical for you?

Hey, Kartr, after watching Vick play against the Eagles, I'm gonna agree with you that Carter is the better all around QB of over Ron Mexico!!

Ron Mexico can run like a deer with herpes, but he throws the ball like a little girl! Vick is the most overrated QB in the NFL, period! At least Carter's ducks hit their mark a lot more times the Ron Mexico's awful throws!

How embarrissing for Ron Mexico! :lmao2:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Nothing I'd like better than to pick Ramsey up...saying he stinks is relative when you look at Romo and Henson. What could be better than to watch them flop with their 3 draft pick QB, Campbell, and we beat them with Patrick Ramsey...I'd get great joy from that...hehehe.

My personal preference would be to draft a QB in rounds 1-2 next year, maybe even round 3 (Kyle Orton looks good this year for a 4th rounder) and have him ready when Bledsoe is done. I'm not writing off the other two young guys, but I'm ready to dump one of them and pair another possibility with the one left.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Quincy will always be suspect because of the drugs. No coach will ever make him a starter again.