Ranching's Review

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since we have a bye, I will share a few thoughts..we will be better with Collins, Conner is not as bad as many think, Gallup is good, but won't make a big difference, Dak is great, but we need a good backup....our defense s not as good as it seems, Diggs is saving our butts for now.....that may not continue....Tank will be a great upgrade.... MM and his staff are doing a great job.....I hope JJ trades for a stud defensive player.
Salud!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Since we have a bye, I will share a few thoughts..we will be better with Collins, Conner is not as bad as many think, Gallup is good, but won't make a big difference, Dak is great, but we need a good backup....our defense s not as good as it seems, Diggs is saving our butts for now.....that may not continue....Tank will be a great upgrade.... MM and his staff are doing a great job.....I hope JJ trades for a stud defensive player.
Salud!
Salud.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree, but I will add this: the defense is going to continue to improve as the season wears on. Osa will improve. Micah will improve. Joseph will get back and help. All of the guys will get more and more used to Quinn’s defense and his playbook will expand as they continue to grow in his system.

Like you mention; Tank will return, which will help draw pressure off of Gregory and others.

The defense isn’t perfect but they are only going to get better and better.

You’re right though, Diggs INT streak can end at any time.

Techsass

Reaction score
Salud!
You should be worried because I agree, especially on the Diggs & our D part.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Salud!

Salud.

Órale, amigos! Salud!!

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I agree, but I will add this: the defense is going to continue to improve as the season wears on. Osa will improve. Micah will improve. Joseph will get back and help. All of the guys will get more and more used to Quinn’s defense and his playbook will expand as they continue to grow in his system.

Like you mention; Tank will return, which will help draw pressure off of Gregory and others.

I agree, with a caution sign…..rookies often hit the wall at some point.

JustChip

Reaction score
Salud!
The defense is being also being helped significantly by the offense.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Salud!
You forgot and Garrett sucks. That is why I can not give this an A but a C, lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Salud!
We’re 5-1 can’t you just be happy?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Salud!
I agree with all you posted.
I just hope we can clean up the sloppiness

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree, with a caution sign…..rookies often hit the wall at some point.
Some rookies do, that’s true… but not all. Look at Diggs last season. He improved throughout and by the end of the season, was playing his best ball, by far.

I don’t think as many guys hit that rookie wall these days because they pace the players with only so many padded practices, etc.

I really can’t see Parsons, Odighizuwa, Golston, Cox, and Bohanna not being a lot better in the second half of the season and into the playoffs. They will be, IMO.

Even other young guys like Anae and Wilson should continue improving as the year goes on. Anae especially. He basically didn’t play last season and he’ll get better even getting a few snaps here and there this season.

Also, Kazee and Hooker should get better as they get further and further away from their injuries. As they learn the defense and regain their confidence, I expect them to make more and more plays.

Kearse too, has been growing weekly as he gets to stretch his legs in a new, unique role that Quinn has formed for him.

And of course, the biggest thing is just everyone learning to play together and learning Quinn’s system and how he’s calling games.

Heck, even Quinn himself will grow and improve as he figures out exactly how he’s forming this defense. It is different than the defenses he ran at Seattle or Atlanta. He has branched out significantly from what he had been doing. He’s playing things very differently now. As he sees what is working, learns the skills of his new players and their strengths and weaknesses, his defense will become more efficient and have fewer mistakes.

I’ve been wrong before but I’m expecting a better defense as we go past the mid-point and towards the playoffs. I honestly expect some serious growth on that side of the ball, including more and more pressure on QB’s.

About the only thing that I expect to fall off some is the ridiculously torrid pace at which Diggs is intercepting the ball. That just can’t keep going at this rate, although I still think Diggs will get his hands on some more balls.

Anyway, yeah… I don’t think anybody is going to want to play the Dallas defense by the time the playoffs roll around.

CCBoy

Reaction score

...and way too many big plays has to end, against the Cowboys defense. Major concern here. Until further improvements, this is the achiles heel.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Salud!
I'm with ya, except I think Gallup will make a difference. He usually does.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Saw an article where they mentioned DT Brocker or Hayden from the Stealers since they would need a WR since JJ Smith is out. Only thing Brocker from the Lions would count around $9M.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Saw an article where they mentioned DT Brocker or Hayden from the Stealers since they would need a WR since JJ Smith is out. Only thing Brocker from the Lions would count around $9M.

Why trade for Brockers when you might be able to get Atkins out of FA on a 1 or 2 year deal?

Joe Haden isn’t that much of an upgrade, if at all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It should prove interesting to see how well we're able to improve our defense when our walking wounded return to active duty. It's no secret that we'll have several noteworthy pass defensive additions to make shortly on the DL and the secondary. Hopefully that will take us to a more successful level of play. A stud safety and possibly another good CB should likely help us considerably. Hopefully, Kelvin Joseph might fit the bill as that CB.