News: Randall Cobb Produces Powerful Potential

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Uh do you watch football? Cobb is a much more complete receiver that has a better grasp of the route tree....I liked Beasley but this is a huge upgrade.....if he stays heathy

Before throwing shade you should maybe consider your audience yes?

I love that. When people dont like a WR, they say he has limited route tree
when they like a guy, he has a trememndous route tree.

IM assuming you watched game film from all of the packer games so you could study Cobbs route running ability on every play? If his route running is so damn good, how vome he has had 1 really good season in his entire career playing with Rodgers?

Jipper

Reaction score
I love that. When people dont like a WR, they say he has limited route tree
when they like a guy, he has a trememndous route tree.

IM assuming you watched game film from all of the packer games so you could study Cobbs route running ability on every play? If his route running is so damn good, how vome he has had 1 really good season in his entire career playing with Rodgers?

ha....i didnt say i didn't like beasly but he did not have the same versatility that Cobb does and that is a fact. Cobb can be used in more than just the slot and works well on the outside too, something the Beasely struggled at. Again, I liked Beasely but Cobb is a more complete receiver.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Beasley's best TD total in a season would be lower than Cobb's third best.

Cobb is 4 yards away from having 3 seasons with more receiving yards than Beasley's best year.

Just look at their careers, Beasley is a pretty consistent 500 yard guy with a couple outliers, and Cobb is around a 650 yard guy with a couple outliers.

Beasley is quick and all and he offers a lot in his own right but Cobb is simply a better player. Dont give me that Rodgers bologna, Beasley had late-career Romo almost his entire time here besides the last 3 seasons. He's had his 2 best receiving yardage totals under Dak so you cant hold that against him either. Romo loved using Beasley. Cobb is just a better player and always has been.

Cobb is also on a smaller contract with less years, Buffalo has a 28 year old for 7.5M/YR for 4 years. That same 28 year old who gave up on a play this year amd gestured at Dak while the ball bounced off his helmet. The one that has badmouthed this team since he left, the same team that gave him a second chance when he just quit football one day. Cobb is < 5M for one year.

Furthermore, Beasley only did a few things well. It was enough to make one cringe when he had to line up outside. Cobb can do that, and he can be successful at it just as he can inside. That means Cooper can move all around the offense if he wants to with Gallup and Cobb to take the outside.

I get that Beasley can do his slippery little comeback, catch, spin move, 5YAC thing. Probably one of the best in the league at his niche skills. But I dont understand how swapping to Cobb can be viewed as anything but a positive change with impacts across our entire offense and locker room/team mentality.

There are the two injury seasons on Cobb's record. Other than that there are some missed games here and there but only twice has he missed real time. Once was last year and the other was back in 2013. Fun fact, his best year by far was 2014 so he came back strong.

There's always an injury chance and with Cobb it might be a bit higher but considering talent and price it's worth the risk for your #3WR. He could be a #2WR on a lot of teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Randall Cobb Produces Powerful Potential

How He Got Here:Randall Cobb spent eight seasons in Green Bay, and was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2011 NFL Draft out of Kentucky. Cobb left Green Bay with a tremendous amount of respect not only from Aaron Rodgers and the Packers fan base, but league-wide. He suffered a hamstring injury in the 2018 season but says he didn’t have any problems throughout offseason workouts.

Bet You Didn’t Know: Cobb holds the second longest kick return in NFL history. He returned a kick for 108 yards his rookie year. He held the record for two years until Cordarelle Patterson broke it in 2013 with a 109-yard return.

Quotable: “Randall’s come here and done a great job. He’s such an example of what a pro is, but he’s also a really good pro. A lot of guys can be pro’s, but when you’re really good on top of it, it just lifts everybody up. That group is really good, and really explosive.” – Quarterback coach, Jon Kitna

Read the rest:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...5snAjmcptJ_Qul5S_fB-UT5rzoKoNTomHOmfavmHUZydw
If you combine talent, youth, experience, speed, and route-running.....this may be the deepest and best WR corps we've had in more than a decade.

Combine that with the oline, run game, and a defense to keep things under control....and you can't ask to have the table set better for the offense and Dak.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I think Beasley will be exposed as a very limited player this season.[/QUOTE]
"better than Be
By

A

Mile

I think Beasley will be exposed as a very limited player this season.
"Better by a mile"

The market disagrees... Beas is 30 and got $29 mil for 4 years with over $14 mil guarentee

Cobb a year younger and all he could get was 1 year at $5 mil....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cobb a year younger and all he could get was 1 year at $5 mil....[/QUOTE]

If you want to call the Bills the market fine. You can believe Beasley is the better player. 6 weeks into the season I will not too casually remind you that you were wrong.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

If you want to call the Bills the market fine. You can believe Beasley is the better player. 6 weeks into the season I will not too casually remind you that you were wrong.[/QUOTE]
Not only the Bills market..... why couldn't Cobb land a similar/better deal with any of the 30 other teams?

Now I'm not saying either is "better" - I don't watch GB games regularly, but I do know Beas was a good fit for how we run the O and for our QB.

As far as the 6 week thing - I doubt Beas having any kind of good numbers being on the Bills with a very young QB throwing him the ball.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure a guy who built his career catching passes from Aaron Rodgers is going to adapt easilly to Dak. That ball isn't going to be hitting him in stride much anymore.
If Beasley could catch 70+ passes for 800+ yards with Dak at QB, why should Cobb struggle?

The accuracy problem is way overblown with Dak. Without question he ocassionally throws a pass well off line, to the point of making the viewer scratch his head, but it isn’t the persistent, pervasive problem some want to make it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if people even watch football anymore...:popcorn:

You may not like him....But you sure as hell couldn't cover him. We just didn't have a QB that could get him the football...And the dude was as tough as hell. I'm not sold on Cobb replacing him. Won't shock me to see Cobb miss half the year w/ a hamstring injury like he did last year.
So Beasley not being able to break free on the 3 routes he ran is ok with you and somehow Daks fault?

Even though Beasley best season in his career came with Dak throwing him the ball?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

If you want to call the Bills the market fine. You can believe Beasley is the better player. 6 weeks into the season I will not too casually remind you that you were wrong.[/QUOTE]
Bills over pay for players because no one wants to go there.

You really think Beasley is better because he signed for more money haha Cobb is the better and more complete receiver and actually a threat in the return game.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Beasley has a limited route tree but is almost uncoverable at what he runs. Cobb has a more robust route tree. The success of the move depends on the team’s willingness to move receivers around.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Not only the Bills market..... why couldn't Cobb land a similar/better deal with any of the 30 other teams?

Now I'm not saying either is "better" - I don't watch GB games regularly, but I do know Beas was a good fit for how we run the O and for our QB.

As far as the 6 week thing - I doubt Beas having any kind of good numbers being on the Bills with a very young QB throwing him the ball.

You cant compare players based on how much teams pay them.

-teams factor need and fit as much as ability into free agency
-teams over and under value many players on the market every year
-teams aren't giving a massive contract to a guy who missed time the previous year
-buffalo in particular is a dubious choice if we're ranking based on teams giving out contracts

I dont disagree that Beasley worked in our scheme but every scheme has room for a shifty little comeback YAC guy. Cobb is a scheme fit too and he broadens our scheme with the impact of allowing Cooper to go inside.

He's also a pro and not a whining quitter both on-field and off-fielder.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
You cant compare players based on how much teams pay them.

-teams factor need and fit as much as ability into free agency
-teams over and under value many players on the market every year
-teams aren't giving a massive contract to a guy who missed time the previous year
-buffalo in particular is a dubious choice if we're ranking based on teams giving out contracts

I dont disagree that Beasley worked in our scheme but every scheme has room for a shifty little comeback YAC guy. Cobb is a scheme fit too and he broadens our scheme with the impact of allowing Cooper to go inside.

He's also a pro and not a whining quitter both on-field and off-fielder.
I wasn't comparing players on what they make.

I said - Not calling either player better - I don't follow the Packers like that to have a definite "who's better"

So I do consider in this situation (where both players are basically the same age) who got the better deal - it does say something to what the other 30 GMs are thinking.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I wasn't comparing players on what they make.

I said - Not calling either player better - I don't follow the Packers like that to have a definite "who's better"

So I do consider in this situation (where both players are basically the same age) who got the better deal - it does say something to what the other 30 GMs are thinking.

You're saying you dont rank based on money but then you're saying you inform your decision based on what the GMs decided to pay or not pay. That's not possible, it's a direct contradiction.

Your lack of knowledge about Green Bay games doesnt make the money factor a reasonable substitute. I dont know why you're even debating Cobb vs. Beasley if you havent watched Cobb play and can only bring up contract values and Beasley's scheme fit in Dallas. Those two points are like 10% of the big picture in Cobb vs. Beasley.

You're uninformed about 90% of the conversation and still clinging to your original stance when confronted with evidence to the contrary.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If you want to call the Bills the market fine. You can believe Beasley is the better player. 6 weeks into the season I will not too casually remind you that you were wrong.
Bills over pay for players because no one wants to go there.

You really think Beasley is better because he signed for more money haha Cobb is the better and more complete receiver and actually a threat in the return game.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t say Beasley was better. That was not my quote. I am big time anti Beasley. Cobb is a much better player.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
You're saying you dont rank based on money but then you're saying you inform your decision based on what the GMs decided to pay or not pay. That's not possible, it's a direct contradiction.

Your lack of knowledge about Green Bay games doesnt make the money factor a reasonable substitute. I dont know why you're even debating Cobb vs. Beasley if you havent watched Cobb play and can only bring up contract values and Beasley's scheme fit in Dallas. Those two points are like 10% of the big picture in Cobb vs. Beasley.

You're uninformed about 90% of the conversation and still clinging to your original stance when confronted with evidence to the contrary.
It aint that deep man - don't care who's better.

Your acting like I said Beas is better cause he got the bigger contract - that's not true, got no skin in the game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randall Cobb Produces Powerful Potential For Prolific Productivity based on Precise Patterns, Prodigious Pass Catching Prowess, and Painstaking Preparation Practices