Randall Cobb stock declining

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cobb began the season looking like a good acquisition in offseason as a suitable replacement for Beasley. Since his injury hasn’t been as productive .

He had the second Dallas turnover contributing to the 12-3 deficit before the Cowboys scored 10 points in the final minute of 1st half to take the lead for good.

He also had a drop in NY territory the last time Cowboys had to settle for a field goal and a 16-12 lead.

JReed1000

Reaction score
Cobb had several 1st down catches and just like Zeke and Cooper ball security issues arise occasionally. The penalties have to stop but that's for the entire team. Drive killers are the worst enemy.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I still like the Cobb acquisition over keeping Bease for a couple of reasons, Every receiver will drop balls and have a fumble or two along the way so not concerned. My reasons: #1 he stretches the field more than CB. #2 He also doesn't seem to be an insecure headcase.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very meh. Not as sure handed as beasley.
Nearly gifted the giants a W with a stupid fumble and a drop at the two yard line. .

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I don't know man... He's been alright to me. He had a bad game in NYG. Doesn't every WR have a bad game?

He gets along with the team well too. He made a couple other catches and I'm sure he's had at least 3 TD's taken because of penalties throughout his season here. All of our WR's this season have been dropping passes, so it's not just him. He'll be okay.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
I think he had a bad game but he will bounce back...it hsppens

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cobb began the season looking like a good acquisition in offseason as a suitable replacement for Beasley. Since his injury hasn’t been as productive .

He had the second Dallas turnover contributing to the 12-3 deficit before the Cowboys scored 10 points in the final minute of 1st half to take the lead for good.

He also had a drop in NY territory the last time Cowboys had to settle for a field goal and a 16-12 lead.

And he seems to be at the center of far too many turnover plays. Whether it's him fumbling, or balls bouncing off is his hands into the opponent's.

People were quick to brag about 'success' in Cobb over Beasley after week one, but they don't seem to have much to say about it now...

Beaker42

Reaction score
Cobb had several 1st down catches and just like Zeke and Cooper ball security issues arise occasionally. The penalties have to stop but that's for the entire team. Drive killers are the worst enemy.
Why don’t I recall him having drops Ann ball security issues with the Slackers?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Randall Cobb has lots of miles on him -- probably one of the reasons why GB let him go. He's still a valuable part of our offense, imho.

Nevertheless, he'll possibly see some stiff competition in training camp next year, when he'll turn 30. He's no spring chicken anymore!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I have no problem with Cobb as a slot receiver, who can actually play outside if needed. Like others had mentioned, multiple TDs called back from penalty. For the cost differential and versatility, better option than Bease.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randall Cobb has lots of miles on him -- probably one of the reasons why GB let him go. He's still a valuable part of our offense, imho.

Nevertheless, he'll possibly see some stiff competition in training camp next year, when he'll turn 30. He's no spring chicken anymore!

Age definitely seems to be catching up to him. And I have to wonder if it will get worse as the season progresses?