Random Draft Thoughts

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is fair to say that the Cowboys have painted themselves into a corner and will rely even more on the draft this year. Which means they will need more draft ammo. So look for trade downs and as a couple of reporters have stated...possibly using some of next years draft picks in trades.

I think the Cowboys do whatever they can to move down in the draft. It would take a player that they did not think would fall to them, ala CeeDee, for them to stay put at 24.

With most feeling there will be a trade down. They could trade out of the first all together for the right deal and if the players the really like have already been taken.

Do not rule out a trade up. No not in the first...but in day two. There could be a player they like in day two that they feel is worth a trade up.

Possible shocker that will probably piss off fans but it is still a possibility. The Cowboys trade down and the first player they take is RB Brooks. They seem to love this kid and figure others might jump them if they try to wait at 56. So maybe they trade down and take him in the first. Trade out of the first into the top of the second and take him or trade up in the second to take him. Unless this is the best ruse in Cowboys history where they put this out but really like another RB.

If Latu fell to the Cowboys in the first...They might just pass on him. LVE is still fresh in their minds when it comes to neck issues.

I do not think they would take Sweat in the second due to off the field issues....However in round 3 or lower they will probably feel it is worth the risk.

If they trade down in the first. I think their are 4 players they will consider and most would consider them to be 2nd round players.

Kingsley Suamatiai, Jordan Morgan, Zach Frazier and Johnathan Brooks.

Also...if they do not get a trade down option and some of the other players have been taken they like...Kingsley or Jordan might be the pick at 24

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think picking Brooks in a trade down would be a reach. The Lions picked Jahmyr Gibbs with the 12th overall pick and brooks grades out slightly higher.