CFZ Random observations from today

fivetwos

Reaction score
-Rivera made three tempo-changing 4th down calls. Should have gone for 4th and short twice early on and been aggressive. He gave us time to get into our rhythm. Then he finally went for it down 13 in the second half when a punt seemed like the better move.

-PFT or whoever and several of you can say what you like, but #97 has stepped up big time this season and is a solid DT. Huge part of this defense at this point.

-Sam Howell reminds me of Ryan Fitzgerald. More elusive than youd think, decent ability…just not a star, or who any team would aspire to have as a starter. I wouldnt bet against him having a similar career as a solid backup.

-It’s probably gonna take a few dollars to retain Armstrong, and we probably can’t afford to do so. I whiffed on that one for sure two years ago.

-Dak made some pretty throws today…and also missed several wide open guys. At this point, it’s a matter of which Dak shows up come playoff time on that day. This team can beat anyone, and also lose to anyone. It’s not 100% on him, but if you miss the throws he did today against a playoff team, it likely doesn’t end well.

-I honestly don’t understand some of you around here. During the ONE Wash TD drive, there’s posts in the game thread like “this defense is total garbage…” etc. It’s not as if y’all used to winning. Maybe try to get a hold of yourselves. What do you seriously expect, a shutout every game?

-I’ve heard no Bell update but let’s hope.

HungryLion

Reaction score
-Rivera made three tempo-changing 4th down calls. Should have gone for 4th and short twice early on and been aggressive. He gave us time to get into our rhythm. Then he finally went for it down 13 in the second half when a punt seemed like the better move.

-PFT or whoever and several of you can say what you like, but #97 has stepped up big time this season and is a solid DT. Huge part of this defense at this point.

-Sam Howell reminds me of Ryan Fitzgerald. More elusive than youd think, decent ability…just not a star, or who any team would aspire to have as a starter. I wouldnt bet against him having a similar career as a solid backup.

-It’s probably gonna take a few dollars to retain Armstrong, and we probably can’t afford to do so. I whiffed on that one for sure two years ago.

-Dak made some pretty throws today…and also missed several wide open guys. At this point, it’s a matter of which Dak shows up come playoff time on that day. This team can beat anyone, and also lose to anyone. It’s not 100% on him, but if you miss the throws he did today against a playoff team, it likely doesn’t end well.

-I honestly don’t understand some of you around here. During the ONE Wash TD drive, there’s posts in the game thread like “this defense is total garbage…” etc. It’s not as if y’all used to winning. Maybe try to get a hold of yourselves. What do you seriously expect, a shutout every game?

Bell was out there later in the game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Washington played right into our hands by throwing the ball on 4th and 1 late in the game.

Our D line has a very difficult time stopping the QB sneak, but Washington’s Howell drops back to pass.
Thank you very much!

Washington has no confidence in their QB sneak, a play Philly makes almost 100% of the time?

RS12

Reaction score
Howell was considered a top 10 pick his junior year at UNC. He has some ability. Right now he is very inconsistent. Not sure where settles: middling starter or high end backup. The Commodes have tickets to sell next year so they probably draft a QB.

Praxit

Reaction score

...I usually stay away from game posts. Real idiots show up from the Woodwork..lol
Some statements are beyond bizarre.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

My concern is can Dak play like this against the good teams you are going to be playing in the playoffs and most likely on the road?

plymkr

Reaction score
My concern is can Dak play like this against the good teams you are going to be playing in the playoffs and most likely on the road?
If he can we are serious contenders. I’m not a Dak Stan but if he keeps this up then I see us being able to hang with, or beat, any team. He stopped being a bus driver and now he’s being a playmaker. I’m concerned if he can do it in the playoffs but I’m getting cautiously optimistic he will.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If he can we are serious contenders. I’m not a Dak Stan but if he keeps this up then I see us being able to hang with, or beat, any team. He stopped being a bus driver and now he’s being a playmaker. I’m concerned if he can do it in the playoffs but I’m getting cautiously optimistic he will.
Nothing wrong with being hopeful.
Actually , a good way to live.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I pretty much decided to stop participating in the game threads because too many fans overreact. I'm already on the edge of my seat during games, so I just don't need the gloom and doomers pushing me over. It just wasn't fun anymore to watch the game while reading so many fans tear apart players or the team for not being perfect against other NFL players.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
-This team can beat anyone, and also lose to anyone.
You made a lot of great points but this statement right here perfectly sums up this team, and why it's so hard to look at us as a true contender. Even when we dominate teams, i still worry if it'll be the same team the next week