Twitter: Randy Gregory At Practice Today

reddyuta

Reaction score
that looks like our 7th RD pick,he barely got out of his stance.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He does have good hands. Forget where I read it now but there was a snippet about how he's got the rare ability to use his upper and lower body in synchronization.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He does have good hands. Forget where I read it now but there was a snippet about how he's got the rare ability to use his upper and lower body in synchronization.

Gregory is exceptional at using his length to keep OTs out of his chest. He's also much stronger than people would assume with his size. I posted a video in another thread of him bull rushing the #9 pick Ereck Flowers right into the QBs lap. He completely put a OT with 80+lbs on skates.

He really has no holes as a pass rusher. He has the 1st step and speed to get the edge, the ability to convert speed to power with a good bull rush, and uses his hands and arm length to cut across the OTs body to rush inside. He's amazing at pass rushing.

MagicMan

Reaction score
He does have that quick move around the tackle. Tackles will start to overcompensate to the outside and then he fakes outside and takes the inside move. Then when you are not sure, you are off balance and he bullrushes you into the QB lap or drop you on your arse. Quickness is his game and that's why he can play Haley-like and at around 255lbs.

And the report on him was he was also good defending the run. It will be a treat watching him, Hardy and Lawrence going after the QB on passing downs.
Don't let the fact he did it against that UDFA fool you-----as was stated before he has done this to #1 picks as well.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He does have that quick move around the tackle. Tackles will start to overcompensate to the outside and then he fakes outside and takes the inside move. Then when you are not sure, you are off balance and he bullrushes you into the QB lap or drop you on your arse. Quickness is his game and that's why he can play Haley-like and at around 255lbs.

And the report on him was he was also good defending the run. It will be a treat watching him, Hardy and Lawrence going after the QB on passing downs.
Don't let the fact he did it against that UDFA fool you-----as was stated before he has done this to #1 picks as well.

He is a complete pass rusher for sure. Probably the most sound pass rusher technique wise from this class. Actually probably the top pass rusher overall in this class. If he can get to 245-250 and not lose any speed he has All-Pro upside.

As far as his run defense, it wasn't very good his senior year. Teams would run right at him and thats where his size hurt. He didn't have the strength to hold the edge AND disengage consistently. Thats why the weight is needed. Right now thats the only question mark about his future. Will he be an every down DE, or a only a pass rush nightmare. If he can even become an average run defender, he could be the best player taken from this class. I have zero doubt he becomes a 10+ sack player.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Lol I. Not that excited about this considering Lawrence last year...

I think that Gregory will have a better time against smith then Lawrence because Gregory is a better pass rusher then Lawrence was in college. I think that it will be a good challenge for smith this year because last year the ends that he had to face in training camp were not that good.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I can not wait to see what Gregory does against smith. then we can judge how good he can be.

T. Smith will get some good work in training camp this year. Mincey's power. Hardy brings power and a variety of moves. And while Smith will have the upper hand on the 2 youngsters(Lawrence/Gregory), they do give him looks at pretty good speed.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
No question is has that elite quickness to get the QB. I wonder if putting on a weight just for the hell of it is a good idea though. Why not keep him at around 240-245 and use him like a Von Miller or Aldon Smith.