Randy Gregory made his first appearance at practice

Whyjerry

Reaction score
i'd have to see Gregory a full year in the rotation first before i'd want him starting over Everett or Dlaw ...

I don't disagree but remember this...Smith was our best D Lineman after not playing for about 5 years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I really thought they would appeal the 6 games. No one else reinstated got 6 games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I really thought they would appeal the 6 games. No one else reinstated got 6 games.

I think the games are rationalized as safety protocol for Gregory having to get back into football shape.

Goodell is making a career of screwing Gregory and the Cowboys. Should have been reinstated in April or June. Could have worked out with trainers and been ready for camp and the season.

Only reinstated in 2018 in July. This year, September. The worst thing about the suspensions is not even letting guys show up for training. Take a guy with a substance abuse problem, and take away the structure imposed by having a job. Really helpful.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hope Aldon takes Gregory under his wing. Some similarity in situation there. Would appear to be a good role model, at least for getting back into the game.

And Aldon trying to help Gregory would be good for Aldon too. Help keep him flying right.
If we stay healthy on the D-Line and start gelling to shore up this shorter stuff, we can start pinning our ears back. Until we stop this other stuff teams will just grind us all day.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think the games are rationalized as safety protocol for Gregory having to get back into football shape.

Goodell is making a career of screwing Gregory and the Cowboys. Should have been reinstated in April or June. Could have worked out with trainers and been ready for camp and the season.

Only reinstated in 2018 in July. This year, September. The worst thing about the suspensions is not even letting guys show up for training. Take a guy with a substance abuse problem, and take away the structure imposed by having a job. Really helpful.
So he can dictate how long he “thinks” it will take him to get in shape. That total BS. If I am JJ I am appealing this but will take goodell another 5 weeks to get around to it. I think goodell is mad because he can’t suspend Gregory anymore for weed. Just give him a fine. I wonder what he did to goodell. Or maybe it was JJ that angered him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If we stay healthy on the D-Line and start gelling to shore up this shorter stuff, we can start pinning our ears back. Until we stop this other stuff teams will just grind us all day.

Yep. DE pass rush can get there on longer down and distance.

Need a lot more at DT to make that happen. Need a lot more at LB too. Another year of disaster. LVE and Lee with surgeries. Jaylon looking awful. Thomas was kind of ok, but I kinda small to last too long.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't disagree but remember this...Smith was our best D Lineman after not playing for about 5 years.

Frankly i could not understand what the hell we were trying to accomplished on these DL rotation ...
Guys were being rotated on a play by play basis - not a series by series basis.
i don't see how we can gain continuity and guys comfortably set

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Frankly i could not understand what the hell we were trying to accomplished on these DL rotation ...
Guys were being rotated on a play by play basis - not a series by series basis.
i don't see how we can gain continuity and guys comfortably set
I saw the same thing, Trysten Hill was rotated out immediately after a tackle behind the LOS. You leave that guy in. You do need some rhythm on the DL similar to RB/OL, etc.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hooray, Jerry!
We excel in residential rehab. In trouble? Moody? Brutish? We like that!I
Randy might be good. Or bad. But the drama is amazing!

quickccc

Reaction score
I saw the same thing, Trysten Hill was rotated out immediately after a tackle behind the LOS. You leave that guy in. You do need some rhythm on the DL similar to RB/OL, etc.

i'm gonna see how this plays out.
Initially it remind me of Rob Ryan and his crazy exotic lineups and fronts. in trying to be creative, it looked like mass confusion.
But i want to see what DC Mike Nolan has planned.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We need him. He is 10 times the pass rusher than Lawrence is.