Randy Moss and TO

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NO TD for either, yes Dallas gave up some yards to Moss but no TD and gave up even less to TO. This secondary is better then what some were giving them credit for.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
NO TD for either, yes Dallas gave up some yards to Moss but no TD and gave up even less to TO. This secondary is better then what some were giving them credit for.

Yes - but where were they against the 49ers and the Commanders?

They played well yesterday and they deserve all the accolades they are receiving but they HAVE to do a better job of not giving up big plays.

Manning and Burress will test them and they should not be taken lightly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sarge said:

They played well yesterday and they deserve all the accolades they are receiving but they HAVE to do a better job of not giving up big plays.

9ers game no doubt Henry had a bad day and we all know the safety failed to get over in the skins game however other than the 2 break downs aginst Wash the CB were having a good game and of course when we had the 2 break downs all the positives from the secondary was lost.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Sarge said:

Maybe and hopefully they learned from those mistakes in the Washington and San Francisco game.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Some of the big plays against our seconday, I put on BP or Zimmer, whichever was making them stay in the 3/4 vs 3 Wr sets. The MOSS big play last week, I seen coming from a mile away when we had D. Ware lined up on him.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmie said:
Some of the big plays against our seconday, I put on BP or Zimmer, whichever was making them stay in the 3/4 vs 3 Wr sets. The MOSS big play last week, I seen coming from a mile away when we had D. Ware lined up on him.

COMPLETELY AGREE! The coaches won't admit it, but they were schooled. The Raiders realized the weakness quick and exploited it with Moss and of course the Cowboys quickly changed that defense. The Commanders realized the matchup problems as well and kept Moss away from Newman when any idiot could tell you who Brunell was going to throw it to. All of our secondary problems have been matchup problems. And you can even say the Keith Davis mistakes are on Parcells because he had a chance to go out and get guys like Darren Sharper, but he felt the Boys would be fine with 3 or 4 scrubs competiting for the positions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
COMPLETELY AGREE! The coaches won't admit it, but they were schooled. The Raiders realized the weakness quick and exploited it with Moss and of course the Cowboys quickly changed that defense. The Commanders realized the matchup problems as well and kept Moss away from Newman when any idiot could tell you who Brunell was going to throw it to. All of our secondary problems have been matchup problems. And you can even say the Keith Davis mistakes are on Parcells because he had a chance to go out and get guys like Darren Sharper, but he felt the Boys would be fine with 3 or 4 scrubs competiting for the positions.

Other than that 1 Moss catches though the secondary gave up very little on the day and again how many TD catches did Moss have? NONE. He was the guy who has put up a career against us same with TO but Dallas secondary gave neither guy a chance at 6 points. Any secondary that can play against those 2 WR and not give up a single TD should get credit for very good play.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Other than that 1 Moss catches though the secondary gave up very little on the day and again how many TD catches did Moss have? NONE. He was the guy who has put up a career against us same with TO but Dallas secondary gave neither guy a chance at 6 points. Any secondary that can play against those 2 WR and not give up a single TD should get credit for very good play.

I agree but ya can't nap. Gibbs took us to school with where he lined up Santana Moss. That was no accident.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I agree but ya can't nap. Gibbs took us to school with where he lined up Santana Moss. That was no accident.

I agree and I'll still say the safety blew it on the cover there was no reason in the world for the safety to come over that late. People can blame the coach but he is not the one who failed and allow the WR to get behind him.