Randy Moss

joseephuss

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything posted about Moss leaving before the Vikes attempted their on sides kick. I thought it was a stupid thing to do and very disrespectful to his teammates, coaches and Vikings fans. I don't think anything will come of it and probably nothing should. The Vikes are used to it and Tice is such a tool, he probably doesn't care.

Moss is so talented that you can overlook a lot of his antics. I wanted Dallas to draft him, but I understood at the time why Jerry Jones didn't do it. Jerry would have had a P.R. nightmare if Moss ever did anything bad in Dallas. And he would have because there is more pressure being a Cowboy. He would have folded under the scrutiny and expectations of Dallas fans and media. It could have been nice having Moss with a star on his helmet, but I doubt Gailey would have known how to use him. Maybe take him out on 3rd and long like he did with Irvin.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
When a guy is that good and talented he can just about get away with anything he wishes. Plus lets face it,do you think Moss really cares what fans think of him,especially when he goes and cashes his game checks.

Reaction score
Moss is a LOSER and I am convinced he will NEVER be on a team that wins the Super Bowl...

He won't ever do what it takes to make the TEAM better...

I saw so many times his CB made the tackle on running plays as he wouldn't even bother to try blocking...He also seems to almost ALWAYS just go down before getting hit on his catches....

Give me a good tough TEAM player anyday and EVERYDAY!

I am so glad we drafted Ellis vs that LOSER!

Reaction score
In the clip I saw on ESPN, he was headed for the locker room as they were kicking, but not technically "off the sidelines." Still looked pretty S'ty, I'm thinkin' he wouldn't a pulled that stunt if they'd a been at home?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I'd take these kind of plays .................

nfl1db8_lower.jpg

over Mr. Motivational speech Ellis any day and twice on Sunday ;)

Not taking Moss was a mistake. Moss is going to be a HOF'amer, Ellis might not even make it onto the Cowboys ring of honor.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Charles said:

nfl1db8_lower.jpg

Not taking Moss was a mistake. Moss is going to be a HOF'amer, Ellis might not even make it onto the Cowboys ring of honor.

Moss should beat a safety in one-on-one coverage. And he should have done it more than once yesterday. He definitely shouldn't have lost a jump-ball to him like he did earlier in the game. Bottom line, Moss is lazy. Imagine what he would be like if he had the work ethic of a Jerry Rice, Irvin, Cris Carter or Marvin Harrison. I'm glad he's not a Cowboy.

Reaction score
I agree Bill.

Charles: Please post a pic of him NOT blocking on key 3rd down plays that stop his TEAM from winning!

Ellis will win a championship...moss NEVER will!

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Bill Wooten said:
Moss should beat a safety in one-on-one coverage. And he should have done it more than once yesterday. He definitely shouldn't have lost a jump-ball to him like he did earlier in the game. Bottom line, Moss is lazy. Imagine what he would be like if he had the work ethic of a Jerry Rice, Irvin, Cris Carter or Marvin Harrison. I'm glad he's not a Cowboy.
Actually Moss beat double coverage on that play. The DB was beaten so badly he wasn't even in the picture. Just a normal play for Moss.

Moss has a great work ethic. He actually trained with Cris Carter during the off-season. This past off-season Mike Tice spoke of Moss leadership and support for young WR like Nate Burleson and Kelly Campbell. He missed 3 games this season for the first time in 5 seasons. Work ethic excuse doesn't carry much weight.

I am glad Ellis is on our team, but Moss's production, game altering and changing ability by FAR eclipses any Ellis has brought to the Cowboys. Moss has proven to be a better player.

Mr. Nice guys like Ellis are a dime a dozen. Great work ethic, good leadership but sadly he isn't a great Football player like Moss is on Sunday. Mr.Nice guys don't win championships.

Did any of you guys see Irvin play football. Why do you think Eagle fans cheered when he went down. Do you know how many time Irvin taunted fans around the league on the sidelines or show boated every time he made a simple 1st down. It goes both ways. Irvin was a great player.

Whats the big deal about walking off the field when there are only 2 seconds left. The Vikings were kicking off. There was absolutely no way they could win that game. Fans complain about players being too friendly after the game. He doesn't have to acknowledge any Commander players.

Passing on Moss was a big mistake. It doesn't matter if you think he's a jerk or an ***. last time I checked no one was complaining about Woman-beater Leonardo Carson playing DT. Ellis type players are a dime a dozen. I happy he's a Cowboy because you need support players to win but he's an good to average player. Moss is HOF bound. Big difference.

Reaction score
Charles...Did you read my post?
Moss is a loser because he isn't a team player...Team players do WHATEVER it takes to WIN!

They block, they run decoys routes, they will their teammates to win & become better, they refuse to lose...Moss knew they were losing & quit...Quiters also don't win...

Thats why so-called VERY talented teams always Lose when they need to win the most...(Minny)

Who cares about stats? The only one that matters is who wins the Super Bowl and last I checked, that was always won by the best TEAM!

Please NEVER compair Irvin with moss...
Irvin is a Champion, moss a loser.

Also he wasn't double teamed, it was a zone where the CB went to the short zone...

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Charles said:

nfl1db8_lower.jpg

That was a great play. Moss is the man.

2 seconds left on the clock before an onside kick, game is over, impossible to have any time left.

Tice has got to be the worse coach in the NFL, to have that much talent and lose.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
That was a great play. Moss is the man.

2 seconds left on the clock before an onside kick, game is over, impossible to have any time left.

Tice has got to be the worse coach in the NFL, to have that much talent and lose.

You just hit the nail on the head. For the life of me I don't see how the Vikes lose so many games with that offense. They should be putting up 40 points a game like the Colts. They got a great RB backfield and killer WR's, unbelievable....

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
i can careless about a players ego or feelings. look at ty law, he talked more **** on his team to the media than any other player (besides keyshawn lol) last year. do you see the patriots trading or cutting him? NO. these guys are millionares, they think they are larger than life. the team isn't losing cause of Moss, if his teammates are that weak minded to let him effect their gameplay they shouldnt be there in the first place. as long as he impresses me on the field, whats it matter how he acts?

catch the ball, impress me, you can do whatever f*ckin dance and taunt you want. i'm not married to their ***.

with that said, you would still take ellis over moss? lol.. thats what i thought.

Mash

Reaction score
Give me talent.....I don't care what they do off the field....or how much barking they do on the field.

Irvin was a prime example.

Moss is a difference maker...and we need those types of players.

Moss can't be covered one on one....there is always safety help....that alone should open running lanes up for the RB.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Personally, if I was going to start disliking players based on what they did off the field, there are a lot of Cowboy players like Irvin who used to sleep with prostitutes and snort cocaine while being a father. We all criticize Moss but when it comes to our favorite Cowboy, we all forget what really happened. And let's not pretend there were other Cowboys with seedy pasts. Even the evangelical Deion Sanders wasn't so evangelical when he first came to Dallas. A lot of women in the Dallas area can attest to that.

Randy Moss was a blunder...plain and simple. He is a total jackass but he is a great player. We should have drafted him. And unfortunately many of the best players in sports are jackasses off the field including Michael Jordan who is an adulterer in the biggest way. In Phoenix, it's not even a secret about all the local women Jordan has slept with.

What most of you will discover is that your favorite athlete has probably done things you wouldn't be so proud of. Power corrups people who are otherwise very decent and good.

I think the ideaa of a "character guy" is a joke. The best athletes are selfish. Most of you can't tell they are selfish because they act like boy scouts when they are winning. When they are winning, they are happy and they say all the right things but when things don't go there way even players like Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Walter Payton could sulk and be selfish

joseephuss

Reaction score
Even with two seconds left in the game there is still a chance altough not much of one. If the Vikings recovered the on sides kick and there was a penalty on Washington, they could have thrown a Hail Mary. They would need Moss who is great a jump balls to be there for a final pass attempt.

Heck, Tice should have Moss as part of the onside kick off team. He is big and athletic. As already said, Tice sucks, but it was a bad decision by Red McCombs to even hire him. McCombs is a terrible owner plus this will be the third professional franchise he will bail on.

DOOMSDAYREBORN

Reaction score
I tell you what if Jimmy was the coach at that time. I bet you Moss would of been wearing a star on his helmet. Now nice guys are fine but when it comes to football playmakers are better. It was a big mistake to pass on Moss. Look how long Moss as been in the league and we are still looking for a reciever. We have Ellis and still are looking for D-linemen. Moss makes other recievers better because you must double him. Opens up the running game because you can't bring the safety into the box. What's does Ellis do for the D-line? Sure Ellis is good but Moss is great and there is a difference. The Vikes don't win because their front office and the head coach do not know how to win.

Peace

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don't care much about off-field antics so long as players aren't doing things that could directly affect their football performance -- ie. possible suspensions.

My only concern with Moss isn't his behavior off the field, but his occasional erratic behavior on it. For the most part, he hasn't been a big problem child since arriving in the NFL. But there are those times where he tows the line and makes one wonder if he really gets "it." I understand his frustration, but would Irvin walk off the field in the waning seconds (since the Irvin comparison was mentioned earlier)?

It just doesn't seem like Moss is a guy that sets a great tone in the locker room. He's a great player, and if he were a free agent every fan here (give or take a few) would be clamoring for his signing. But I do have questions surrounding his on-field character. I certainly wish he'd conduct himself in a different manner on the field -- he seems content with just being one of the guys when it comes to leadership, when in reality, he has the power within that organization to be the leader. He should take that ball and run with it, demanding more out of his teammates in practice, during off-season workouts and throughout the season.

It's very possible I've missed some of the positive things he's done in the leadership category (since the positive things are rarely reported in the national media), but his game-to-game persona doesn't seem like that of a leader.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DOOMSDAYREBORN said:
I tell you what if Jimmy was the coach at that time. I bet you Moss would of been wearing a star on his helmet. Now nice guys are fine but when it comes to football playmakers are better. It was a big mistake to pass on Moss. Look how long Moss as been in the league and we are still looking for a reciever. We have Ellis and still are looking for D-linemen. Moss makes other recievers better because you must double him. Opens up the running game because you can't bring the safety into the box. What's does Ellis do for the D-line? Sure Ellis is good but Moss is great and there is a difference. The Vikes don't win because their front office and the head coach do not know how to win.

Peace

Exactly, Randy Moss isn't the problem with the Vikings. It's their front office. The truth is their owner doesn't want to spend a lot of money to make them a contender which is why he is perpetually seeking someone to sell the team to.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Dale said:
It just doesn't seem like Moss is a guy that sets a great tone in the locker room. He's a great player, and if he were a free agent every fan here (give or take a few) would be clamoring for his signing. But I do have questions surrounding his on-field character. I certainly wish he'd conduct himself in a different manner on the field -- he seems content with just being one of the guys when it comes to leadership, when in reality, he has the power within that organization to be the leader. He should take that ball and run with it, demanding more out of his teammates in practice, during off-season workouts and throughout the season.

How do you know he doesn't do these things? The funny thing is if the Vikings won the Superbowl, the media would try to portray Moss as a leader off the field like they were doing in the beginning of the season when the Vikings were undefeated. It was hilarious to see them portraying Moss as a child who grew up and was now taking an active role in their leadership. It's amazing how much power the media has in shaping in public opinion. If they want, the media can make Moss the next Emmitt Smith or the next Dennis Rodman depending on how they portray him. Traditionally, the media likes to portray players on championship teams as heros while making great players on losing teams malcontents. Like someone else said, Ty Law is the biggest smack talker in the NFL but because he plays for the Patriots, his trash talking is severaly overlooked.