Texas Rangers

RonWashington

Reaction score
On to Martin Perez . I don’t know what kind of offers Texas got pre trade deadline but you have a FA to be having the best year of his career and after this season you have to bid against the likes of the Yankees Red Sox Dodgers and that pile of cash .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Thank you that’s kind of you but that shipped sailed .

Oops meant “ ship “ …yeah Wash was something those were fun teams to watch . I’m actually encouraged the owners might be serious about winning after these recent firings .

RonWashington

Reaction score
That Gallo trade brought Texas a starting pitcher in Otto and the 3rd basemen going forward in Duran . I see Beasley has had the common sense to leave Duran at 3rd and stop putting Smith in. If this team can play a decent Sept maybe offer Beasley a 2 yr deal see if he can take a young team into contention in next 2 yrs 23 and 24. Perez Dunning and Otto are 3/5ths of a nice rotation . Bullpen needs big help .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Bubba Thompson a former first rounder getting every chance to be a an everyday outfielder ( probably left ) going into 2023 . Nice to see him and Duran playing everyday . This is not a bad lineup it’s obviously pitching going into next year . Those Astros just win .

The Rangers should set a mid level free agent price on Martin Perez . Let the Yankees Red Sox Dodgers open the vault . Lose him take a comp pick in amateur draft and move on . This is hardly Kershaw .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Honestly why is Josh Smith still in lineup ? Thompson Taveras Garcia left to right in 2023 maybe an Eli White as a 4th outfielder . Jung has to prove he’s healthy 145-150 games a yr. Still like Duran a lot somewhere in your starting 9 in 23 .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Matt Quatraro the Rays bench coach under Kevin Cash would seem like a good choice next Rangers skipper . All the Rays do is win. Bench coach managers right hand man.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Matt Quatraro the Rays bench coach under Kevin Cash would seem like a good choice next Rangers skipper . All the Rays do is win. Bench coach managers right hand man.

The Rangers can have Baker. If y'all like crazy lineups and a stubborn refusal to bench under performing players, he's your guy.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Josh Jung seems like he can mash it at 3rd base . Now they have to find a spot in 2023 for Duran too good a player to be an afterthought or sit in the minors .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Always liked Tom Grieve . Was glad his son made it to the majors too although his career was shorter then his fathers . I remember how shocked I was when Tom pulled the trigger on Bobby Valentine right around the all star break one yr. Bobby had the team right at about .500 which in this era with the sunken ship that won’t even win 70 games my goodness .500 looks like an Oasis .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well Ranger fans what your witnessing in Houston is rather amazing . Up 3-2 going home to finish off the Phillies in yet another probable WS win you have this salty championship level club year after year to deal with now all of a sudden the Mariners are back from the dead and a playoff worthy bunch . And how long are the Angels going to stay garbage . Your work is cut out for you Bruce Bochy / Chris Young .

Interesting side note . The guy I thought Texas should hire as manager the Royals hired as manager , the ex Tampa bench coach . See how KC shapes up next year they want back into baseball relevance being stuck in no man’s land. I hope Bochy at his age has the stomach for this Texas sized mountain .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Was deGrom getting spring training cobwebs out after getting raked by the Phillies today ? On the bright side the offense looks stout which has been the Rangers MO since Jeff Burroughs was hitting bombs in the old park off the turnpike a generation ago .

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was deGrom getting spring training cobwebs out after getting raked by the Phillies today ? On the bright side the offense looks stout which has been the Rangers MO since Jeff Burroughs was hitting bombs in the old park off the turnpike a generation ago .
DeGrom hasn’t really pitched well since he came back late in the season last year.