Texas Rangers

T-RO

Reaction score
Consider this Rangers line-up:

1 - Marcus Semien, 2B, top three AL MVP candidate, 2nd in MLB WAR. 24 game hit streak. Super fielder.
2 - Corey Seager, SS, missed a month of games, but posting MVP numbers when playing.
3 - Nathaniel Lowe, 1B, above average 1st base man.
4 - Adolis García, RF, 2nd in MLB RBIs, 10th in home runs
5 - Josh Jung, 3B, a leading rookie-of-the-year candidate
6 - Jonah Heim, C, all-star candidate...above average hitter and with defense
7 - Mitch Garver, DH, Monster masher, when he can stay healthy
8 - Ezequiel Duran, LF, Emerging young player who does it all
9 - Leody Taveras, CF, fleet speed merchant who's perhaps breaking out as hitter

All nine of these have OPS well above 100 (ie all are hitting above MLB average)

T-RO

Reaction score
Disappointing news today that DeGrom will get Tommy John surgery...and Rangers are down 2-1 at the moment.

But I'm back in. Gonna stay positive.

And just as I say this, Lowe with home run, tying the score. :)

T-RO

Reaction score
Rangers delivered another win!

40-20 on the season
4.5 games ahead of Disastros

T-RO

Reaction score
Few fun facts:

Adolis was 4-4 tonight with HR
Sporz faced 5, got 'em all with 4 strike-outs
In the last week Duran has got on base 64% of his at-bats! And .789 slugging, LOL. That's just silly
Semien extends hitting streak to 25 games

Team is so much fun.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Down 6-0 they club Toronto for an 11 spot . With this offense it’s never out of reach . Semien Seagar and Duran are lethal . Glad Bochy has Duran somewhere in the lineup daily . Taveras two bombs today . They can win this division.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Rangers looking good.
Chapman and Garcia were nice pickups, maybe another quality arm before the deadline could push Them over the top? Plenty of young talent in the system to deal if They're in go for it all mode.
Future hasn't looked this bright for a quite a while.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I hate to over react it’s a long marathon but getting raked by the Dodgers for 27 runs in two blow outs the starting pitching starting to look worn . I don’t suppose an August call up from the farm will do the trick that leaves a trade for a starter that can help win a division and playoff help .

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Dodgers smacked that Arse :flagwave:. I can't wait to hear the bandwagon morons on 105.3 on Monday.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don’t think the farms the answer this time around . Going to have to trade but even if it’s a good prospect you have send it’s worth it for a vet who can give you innings to let the offense take over . Going into Aug leading the division Chris Young needs to turn over all rocks . .

Londonboy

Reaction score
I don’t think the farms the answer this time around . Going to have to trade but even if it’s a good prospect you have send it’s worth it for a vet who can give you innings to let the offense take over . Going into Aug leading the division Chris Young needs to turn over all rocks . .
Verlander is probably available, could be a good fit.

It would have the added bonus of annoying the heck out of Houston.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Nick Pivetta Red Sox interesting name on the trade block . He’s versatile can start or long man out of the bullpen . Bochy needs someone to soak up innings keep it close let the offense take over .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Max Scherzer may be coming to Texas . Huge . Eovaldi Scherzer Dunning Perez Gray Heaney yeah I like that depth last 2 months .