Ranking 2024 top 12 free-agent linebackers

Mr_437

Reaction score
These guys at Pantherswire need a raise. Anyway, I'm sticking to 26 and under guys for LBs too...Azeez and J. Brooks for the win. There're a few veteran LBs a bit longer in the tooth I'd definitely be happy to see in Dallas also on shorter term deals.

The #1 LB on the list is a baller, but Stephen won't pay that type of coin.

starfan1

Reaction score
there are a couple off that list that I wouldnt mind taking a stab at. Im not a Patrick queen guy he is going to command more than hes worth he was just average until roquain showed up. if wagner is going to play anothe year and he isnt too costly id take a stab at him or maybe willie gay or Levonte David. Then grab a LB in round 1 or 2

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
there are a couple off that list that I wouldnt mind taking a stab at. Im not a Patrick queen guy he is going to command more than hes worth he was just average until roquain showed up. if wagner is going to play anothe year and he isnt too costly id take a stab at him or maybe willie gay or Levonte David. Then grab a LB in round 1 or 2
Right with Queen whose tackling metrics are not all that great. He had a career year in a walk year...screams red flag. Let him go to Seattle with his def cord now coach. David is still a stud and may command less than Wagner but either would be great to teach this team how to play with leadership, discipline, and passion. The boys haven't sniffed that type of LB in several years imo.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if we strongly consider Shaq Leonard ...........didn't realize he is also a free agent

OTC has his value at $3.8M .........def Stephen kind of signing
In the games I watched when he was with the Eagles, is a shell of his former self, wouldn't be surprised if he is out of the league in the next year or two, that's how bad he looked.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Azeez or Jewell for me. Would be a good signing and don’t need to break the bank.

Motorola

Reaction score
I’m going after one or two off this list I’m ready for the FA period to start I’m wanting to know how All In the Jones are
give me two with size.
And the ability to plug the right hole
Gotta be able to take on blocks and shed them!! Lets get 2 guys who can do that.
Azeez or Jewell for me. Would be a good signing and don’t need to break the bank.
FA "Legal Tampering" begins two weeks from Monday - High Noon EST on March 11th - with the signing period opening up two days later at 4pm EST.
We will see then if the Cowboys FO has the 'nads to do a 180 and go after quality LBs those first few days.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Think Jordyn Brooks could be the target......If I remember correctly....he was a target in the 2020 draft. :popcorn:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Frankie Luvu – He’s going to get PAID. I think he would have been a bigger target if Quinn was still DC. To a lesser extent, he can do Micah Parsons-like things and is effective in the box or on the edge.

Patrick Queen – Really going to get paid. Stephen Jones would be sweating profusely twenty seconds into the phone call.

Lavonte David – I could see them doing it because he’s a “name.” Personally, I’m not a big fan of signing free agents at the end of their career unless it’s cheap.

Bobby Wagner – He and his agent were critical of Stephen Jones. I doubt they even entertain the idea.

Devin White – Probably the best we could do in free agency. I’d be all for it. Still won't be cheap.

Azeez Al-Shaiir – One of the teams with a ton of cap room is going to pounce on him.

Jordan Hicks – Solid move. Not a huge upgrade but an upgrade nonetheless.

Drue Tranquill – Quietly a really good player for the Chiefs.

Willie Gay – I could see McClay prioritizing him (tons of athletic traits).

Josey Jewell – I know a lot here like him, he’s a JAG for me.

Jordyn Brooks – Another athletic player I could see the Cowboys targeting but then I saw the projected market value for him. Would love this signing if that projection is not correct.

Zach Cunningham – Seems like he’s been available a few times and the Cowboys never really inquired.

I could see them adding two. One will be more of a veteran signing and the other a younger, high-traits type guy.

Erik Kendricks, age 32, 6-0, 232, expected cap casualty for the Chargers

OR

Devin White, age 26, 6-0, 237

AND

Blake Cashman, age 27, 6-1, 237 4.5 40 Houston Texans (Athleticism score of 85 at 2019 NFL Combine)

OR

Willie Gay, age 26, 6-1, 247 4.46 40 (Athleticism score of 99 at 2020 NFL Combine)