Ranking the NFC Teams Standing In Our Way

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Personally I'd place the Vikes over Bears
And replace the 9ers with Falcons
,,,Ah,,,I've held the hidden harbinger of forsight,in that team outta' SanFran is fixing ' to be making a major break out push ,to exert their markets viable viewabilites revelance, within their division first& a follow on furthering expansive league wide push, for a couple of seasons now,,,as they might turn around & bite a few teams on the backside sooner than some are thinking:starspin:

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm not a Houston fan or bills don't count them out

Here was Texan's Watson versus Gardner Minshew II last Sunday:
Watson 16-29, 159 yards
Minshew II 23-33, 213 yards

And QB rushing?
Watson: 4 carries 5 yards
Minshew II: 6 carries 56 yards

The Jags / Hou game goes overtime if Jag's coach doesn't decide to go for two at end of game. Texans should be 0-2.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. L.A. Rams 2-0
They look like Defending NFC champs and are most likely our biggest threat.
Rams concerns: Goff isn't a top five QB. Some questions about o-line. Is Gurley in decline? Still, lots of weapons on O. Well coached. Aaron Darnold leads tough, under-rated D.

2. Green Bay Packers 2-0
Defense had major off-season overhaul and looks good. Aaron Jones looks stout at RB...and of course they have Aaron Rogers

3 Philadelphia Eagles 1-1
Talented roster. They have a better front 7 than we do, but Philly secondary is much inferior to ours. Wentz will be great at times, but I don't believe the team has strong conviction to play with him. Does Wentz believe in himself? Highly touted o-line didn't play well in Game 2.

4. N.O. Saints 1-1
Brees out 4-7 weeks, and not at a good time. They play next in Seattle, at home against us, and in Chicago. Could soon be sitting 1-4.

5. Seattle Seahawks 2-0
Don't beat themselves. Best home field advantage in league. Wilson is superior deep ball thrower. Solid roster that is well coached. Buttoned up.

6. SF 49ers 2-0
I'm tempted to rank them higher. Better than people know. Their tight end Kittle is the best in NFL. Jimmy G might be pretty good. Defense is improving.

7. Chicago Bears 1-1. Refs totally gave the Bears a win in week 2. Best NFL defense, but Trubisky is awful.

8. Vikings 1-1. Strong D. Top 5 running back. Good home field advantage. Nice receivers. But Cousins at helm. Also: Xavier Rhodes not the same player anymore.

Others: Falcons, Panthers, Bucs
No chance: Skins, Giants, Cards
T-RO--- good list...i am concerned Xavier woods out with high ankle sprain and they can hinder one all season sometimes....do you think this wilson dude who got 3 int's in preseason might be able to ball?...and our 1-tech Woods sprain in knee...and of course Gallup out 2-4 weeks but i think Smith or Cedric Wilson can step in temporarily hopefully?....i dont root for injuries but rather see Saints without Brees and hopefully by then some of these guys will be back..what are your thoughts?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We won’t know anything until we leave Nawlins, with a win against Bridgewater, Michael Thomas, Kamara, and the Saints. Their D is legit!

They won’t be a push over by any means. A win isn’t even guaranteed.

Our D needs to start playing well, and soon!
It is my 31st wedding anniversay the weekend of the Saints game...we are going to Nawlins for a 4 day weekend and going to the game. Cant wait. Been there 2 times, once for a game. It may be the best atmosphere for am NFL game Ive ever been to.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Our D line needs to step it up and put some pressure on QBs like Rodgers, Wentz, and Goff. You give those guys time in the pocket and they’ll pick us apart every time.

Seeing how ATL played against the Eagles last week is the blueprint. Contain Wentz and make him uncomfortable. He’ll fold like like a cheap suit.
name me a qb that doesnt crumble when a defense is knocking them on their arse every time they drop back.

T-RO

Reaction score
T-RO--- good list...i am concerned Xavier woods out with high ankle sprain and they can hinder one all season sometimes....do you think this wilson dude who got 3 int's in preseason might be able to ball?...and our 1-tech Woods sprain in knee...and of course Gallup out 2-4 weeks but i think Smith or Cedric Wilson can step in temporarily hopefully?....i dont root for injuries but rather see Saints without Brees and hopefully by then some of these guys will be back..what are your thoughts?

Hey bro...Short term injuries aren't too big a deal, IMO. It's when you lose someone for months or a whole season.

We'll be out some guys, but Saints will be missing more than just Brees. I'd say Brees injury means at least a 7 point swing in that game. 50-50 Gallup is back for Green Bay game, and if he's not it's Smith, Austin and C Wilson. Not gonna worry now.

Pity Donavan Wilson isn't healthy/ready as it would have been sweet to get him work against over-matched Dolphins. See what he can do. X did suffer the "dreaded high ankle sprain" but I'm getting the impression it wasn't a severe sprain.

We'll get clarity on D.Wil and more soon. Maybe he will play after all.

Last edited:

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
1. L.A. Rams 2-0
They look like Defending NFC champs and are most likely our biggest threat.
Rams concerns: Goff isn't a top five QB. Some questions about o-line. Is Gurley in decline? Still, lots of weapons on O. Well coached. Aaron Darnold leads tough, under-rated D.

2. Green Bay Packers 2-0
Defense had major off-season overhaul and looks good. Aaron Jones looks stout at RB...and of course they have Aaron Rogers

3 Philadelphia Eagles 1-1
Talented roster. They have a better front 7 than we do, but Philly secondary is much inferior to ours. Wentz will be great at times, but I don't believe the team has strong conviction to play with him. Does Wentz believe in himself? Highly touted o-line didn't play well in Game 2.

4. N.O. Saints 1-1
Brees out 4-7 weeks, and not at a good time. They play next in Seattle, at home against us, and in Chicago. Could soon be sitting 1-4.

5. Seattle Seahawks 2-0
Don't beat themselves. Best home field advantage in league. Wilson is superior deep ball thrower. Solid roster that is well coached. Buttoned up.

6. SF 49ers 2-0
I'm tempted to rank them higher. Better than people know. Their tight end Kittle is the best in NFL. Jimmy G might be pretty good. Defense is improving.

7. Chicago Bears 1-1. Refs totally gave the Bears a win in week 2. Best NFL defense, but Trubisky is awful.

8. Vikings 1-1. Strong D. Top 5 running back. Good home field advantage. Nice receivers. But Cousins at helm. Also: Xavier Rhodes not the same player anymore.

Others: Falcons, Panthers, Bucs
No chance: Skins, Giants, Cards
Elite
1. Packers- I really think if Rodgers and LaFleur can mesh this team will be REALLY good. Defense will only get better.
2. Rams- Even with Gurley not 100% Goff can carry that offense. Defense is solid.
Good but Dallas is better
3. Seahawks- I think they can join the elite. They just haven't impressed me yet this season.
4. 49ers- I buy the defense. Jimmy G needs to play consistently.
5. Saints- Brees injury hurts. I think Teddy can get them to 4-4 when Brees comes back. They could be a scary 10-6 team.
6. Vikings- Kirk Cousins has to play better but defense is improved. Running game is good.
7. Falcons- They just look off. I think they are super talented. Ryan has to play a lot better.
8. Eagles- They look old. I don't think Wentz can stay healthy all year.
9. Bears- Offense is trash.
Maybes
10. Buccaneers- We will see. Love Arians. Can Winston hang on to the ball.
11. Lions- If they can beat Philly I'll think highly of them. Should be 2-0.
12. Cardinals- They need to start better but Murray has been impressive.
No way
13. Panthers- Cam is done...Rebuild on the way in Carolina.
14. Commanders- Just a dumpster fire.
15. Giants- Dumpster fire 2.0.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No doubt...any game in SuperDome is tough.

I do like to remind people. The Packers ended up with with one more possession than we had in that game. There was the difference. After 9 possessions for each team: 31-31.

packers_boys.png
Which game?
The 2014 game, a one-legged Rodgers beat us. That was inexcusable.
The 2016 game, in the first three possessions we were down 21-3. We then got out of our offense and were forced to play catch up.
Be that as it may, their quarterback was still Aaron Rodgers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only 2 teams in the NFC went further then us last season. One of those lost there quarterback for half the season. I don't think it's unrealistic at all to believe we are the 2nd best team in the NFC. The argument could be made we have improved from last season and are the best team in the NFC.
its way early IMO.. you dont just count wins and add yourself to list after beating two bad teams and not yet even into the harder part of the schedule.

so its jumping ahead..its Koolaid fandom goggles being looked through, like ive said before the Fans are so fickle either at the doom and gloom spectrum or way to high of hopes.. temperament chill relax let this play out..

im staying in the middle until further notice

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
its way early IMO.. you dont just count wins and add yourself to list after beating two bad teams and not yet even into the harder part of the schedule.

so its jumping ahead..its Koolaid fandom goggles being looked through, like ive said before the Fans are so fickle either at the doom and gloom spectrum or way to high of hopes.. temperament chill relax let this play out..

im staying in the middle until further notice
I know why go out on a limb. But isn't that the fun.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Which game?
The 2014 game, a one-legged Rodgers beat us. That was inexcusable.
The 2016 game, in the first three possessions we were down 21-3. We then got out of our offense and were forced to play catch up.
Be that as it may, their quarterback was still Aaron Rodgers.
Aaron Rodgers, mr. Hail Mary. Media Loverboy. I think people give him way too much credit I remember when he first came into the league. I never saw a major step up from what he was in the beginning. And now he's just a crybaby throws everybody under the bus.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know why go out on a limb. But isn't that the fun.
winning games are fun no doubt but hearing all the threads on OVER ranking of players coaches and teams at 2-0..im staying away from all that.. its set up for disappointment..

Im not sure whats worse all the talk last year it was over and wanting to tamnk on Purpose to get Garett fired or this where we are being way over evaluated and Dak all of sudden went for 10-16 ranked to élite and KM is the next coming of Air corielle etc etc

its tough I like the positive better to read but again im not making statements like this until the playoffs..

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We have to play most of them so we get a chance to hand them all a L and then watch them beat up on each other.

J-man

Reaction score
Rams and GB look to be the toughest challengers we have.
I think Seattle and the Vikings will be bigger challenges than the 49ers and maybe even the igglets at this point. When fully healthy the igglets will be tough.