Rant! Why are so many people blowing this off?

SkinsFanMania

Reaction score
ejthedj;1702396 said:
Rant:

Why are so many people blowing this off? I mean, cheating is a direct threat to the entire game's integrity.

And yet, I saw Wilbon totally dismiss the idea that the Patriot's cheating was anywhere close to Pacman's OFF the filed actions. And this is a repeated pattern by media and fans alike.

Everybody says, no big deal--Pats really are great. I agree, for this year they are -- with Moss, Thomas, Welker, etc.

But in the past? They are known for subbing anybody in and still winning. A 35 year old mediocre WR (Brown) plays CB for them (the hardest spot on the team!) and excels. Why can't other teams do this?

I call shananigans! This smells like a conspiracy. Only possible reason for the dismissal of it all is to sweep it under the rug. If 3 of the last 5 Superbowls are suspect, then everything is under suspicion. And Goodell and the NFL must be praying that the Pats will roll everybody this year and prove it didn't matter. They burned the freaking evidence for cris-sake!

I say, watch the refs on Sunday, and for the Pats all year... Is anybody else outraged about this?

You bet their are other people that are outraged about this. I'm one and I don't believe the fine was steep enough.

First, $1 mil is nothing to Kraft and second losing a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder when the team has 2 1st rounders in this coming year isn't much punishment.

Second, the $500,000 fine to Belechik was resolved when Kraft gave him a new contract! How can Wade Wilson have a 5 game suspension for taking HGH and 33% of his salary when Belechik had far less % of his salary and no suspension for a much worse offense. He should have been suspended for atleast 1/4 of a season if not 8 games.

Not only that, they need to look into the other offenses, such as micing the defensive line so they can hear the quarterack signals of quarterbacks such as Peyton Manning and putting a video camera in the endzone while playing the Patriots as well as intercepting signals from the opposing OC to the quarterack and suppsed radio troules during the game not allowing communication from the OC to the QB.

All of these offenses need to be looked into as many teams have complained about it happening in foxboro. I'm not saying that is the only place it happens, but cheating needs to be stopped and the playing field needs to be leveled.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Because its the Pats. If it was the Boys or the Raiders, then their WHOLE 2008 draft would be gone.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
ejthedj;1702396 said:
Rant:

Why are so many people blowing this off? I mean, cheating is a direct threat to the entire game's integrity.

And yet, I saw Wilbon totally dismiss the idea that the Patriot's cheating was anywhere close to Pacman's OFF the filed actions. And this is a repeated pattern by media and fans alike.

Everybody says, no big deal--Pats really are great. I agree, for this year they are -- with Moss, Thomas, Welker, etc.

But in the past? They are known for subbing anybody in and still winning. A 35 year old mediocre WR (Brown) plays CB for them (the hardest spot on the team!) and excels. Why can't other teams do this?

I call shananigans! This smells like a conspiracy. Only possible reason for the dismissal of it all is to sweep it under the rug. If 3 of the last 5 Superbowls are suspect, then everything is under suspicion. And Goodell and the NFL must be praying that the Pats will roll everybody this year and prove it didn't matter. They burned the freaking evidence for cris-sake!

I say, watch the refs on Sunday, and for the Pats all year... Is anybody else outraged about this?

I find Pitt's SB win 2 years ago suspect, as well as our 2 meetings with them in the 70's.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;1704101 said:
Because its the Pats. If it was the Boys or the Raiders, then their WHOLE 2008 draft would be gone.

If it were the Skins, nothing would have happened to them either, 'cuz Dan Snyder would have been laughed off this planet to begin with.:laugh1: