Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
bingo. and when will the media EVER hold DQ accountable about THAT? We were awful, feast or famine on defense. Either we get turnovers, or teams run roughshod over us on the ground or in the air. Nothing in between. That was DQ. I have a sneaking suspicion that AL HARRIS will be even better than we thought. But we still need players, which we are woefully lacking. I will say this about MM, dude is loyal as heck. Love him or hate him, the guy never waivers on what he believes and sticks with the team no matter what the media is saying. I love that about him. The bad part is, the Jones family is doing him dirty, setting him up to fail. They need a fall guy, and hes it. Good luck Zimmer.
No bud I'm talking about the pass defenses Dak faced this year. Overall worst/easiest pass defense schedule in the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
But he did not build one.
Yeah, I’m sure 3 all-pro linemen and the top ranked scoring defense and turnover defense and 3 1000 yard WRs in one season and a league leading RB that averaged 5 YPC on first down and the youngest team in the league when Dak stepped on board was not building one..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We get turnovers when the offense gets out to a lead. Making the other team 1 dimensional.

Which is exactly what good teams do to use, because we can't run the ball and we can't stop the run.
To be fair, Dallas was 16th vs run.

But they were built to stop the pass and get turnovers.

Which they were very good at doing.

#ProFootballReference

khiladi

Reaction score
9 whole wins without a 100 yard rusher in his entire career.

Burrow had 9 in just 2022 lololololol
I was even stunned how bad it was and he lost a LOT of games, meaning the sample size wasn’t small. I mean it was like 20 percentile or something. If you can’t force a team out of zone with a rushing attack, then Dak gets exposed for being straight garbage.

I used to say it all the time. Dak got afforded the opportunity to throw against man coverage his whole career here with a really good OL.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yo
Yeah, I’m sure 3 all-pro linemen and the top ranked scoring defense and turnover defense and 3 1000 yard WRs in one season and a league leading RB that averaged 5 YPC on first down and the youngest team in the league when Dak stepped on board was not building one..
You are referring to the top ranked defense that gave up 7 TD's on 7 drives against GB?

That top ranked defense?

It is funny to me how Dak became All Pro for playing bad teams during the regular season, but the other 7 All Pro's must be legitimate. Were they playing a different teams than Dak was playing against?

It is amazing how our defense was the best during the regular season, until they were actually the worst in NFL Playoff history.

khiladi

Reaction score

#ProFootballReference
Exactly. It was a matter of preference…. Our defense was not like the Commanders and was good enough to win a SB with an elite QB who could put points on the board and allow the defense to go after the opposing QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yo

You are referring to the top ranked defense that gave up 7 TD's on 7 drives against GB?

That top ranked defense?

It is funny to me how Dak became All Pro for playing bad teams during the regular season, but the other 7 All Pro's must be legitimate. Were they playing a different teams than Dak was playing against?

It is amazing how our defense was the best during the regular season, until they were actually the worst in NFL Playoff history.
Well they were the 5th this year, number 1 the year prior and before that, and Dak loves to give INTs to give opposing teams that are not scrubs to put them ahead. They surely weren’t the worst the years prior…. But keep coming up with excuses.

You Dak fanboys were saying last training camp with the departure of Moore, SB is basically a given.. you guys were riding high on Dan Quinn..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes the defense that was built to play with a lead and never had one.

Any defense not playing their normal defense won't be the same defense.

Yet they still only gave up 2 TD's in the first half. Same as Dak did. Which killed the Cowboys chances of winning.

Chasing6

Reaction score

#ProFootballReference
We are talking about the playoffs.

Why is ok to talk about the defense in regards to the regular season, then disregard Dak's stats during the regular season, to only compare Dak to the playoffs.

Need to compare apples to apples. Football is a team complimentary sport.

Defense sucks it makes the offenses job more difficult and vice versa.

If offense can't run the ball, it makes the passing game more difficult. Not a hard concept to understand.

Same on defense. If you can't stop the run, most teams play 8 in the box for help, then they get exposed in the passing game.

Maybe DQ is so good at pass defense because he does not make adjustments to stop the run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes the defense that was built to play with a lead and never had one.

Any defense not playing their normal defense won't be the same defense.

Yet they still only gave up 2 TD's in the first half. Same as Dak did. Which killed the Cowboys chances of winning.
So they have up 5 in the second half and that did not hurt the team. Ok. That makes a lot of sense.