Twitter: Rapoport on NFLN: Cowboys trying to trade Cooper

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Said just now at the Combine. A few teams are interested and if not, he'll get released.

As an aside, the Bills have given Cole Beasley permission to seek a trade
We need a player like Beasley more than we need another WR.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Jonses are terrible with these types of trades. At this point if you are really going to cut him just take whatever you can get and move on.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You trade him somewhere so he doesn’t end up in Philly or Washington

Problem is no one in their right mind wants to pick up his current deal. So if Dallas finds a suitor, they’d probably have to pony up some of the salary to coerce the team to take him. Is a conditional day 3 pick worth losing 4+m in salary cap?

He’s going to be released

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Jerry : "Oh we will get a first round pick. I told them if nobody trades for him we will release him!!"

wwe-ted-dibiase.gif
This isn’t an actual quote right?!?!
No one is that stupid…..right?!?!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The best way to trade a player is to let everyone know he will get released if no deal can be made.
Yea, and why our front office always telegraphing our intentions undermines our negotiating.

Everyone will just wait until we release him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I dont understand the hate he gets.

I think it has mostly to do with the amount of money he makes and not producing to the level fans believe he should for the contract he has. All our high-priced players receive their share of hate. A lot of fans here don’t want to pay premium dollar for players. If it was up to some fans they wouldn’t pay anyone. They would put together a team of castoffs and young players playing on their rookie contracts. Saw one post on the board where someone claimed they wouldn’t pay Parsons or Diggs unless their second contracts are team friendly deals. lol

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best way to trade a player is to let everyone know he will get released if no deal can be made.
There are many teams that know he would not go and play for them.....only way to get him is through a trade. That's why you say this.....thus..... it's not rocket science, but I know you and many others love to ridicule your own team...

garyv

Reaction score
Said just now at the Combine. A few teams are interested and if not, he'll get released.

As an aside, the Bills have given Cole Beasley permission to seek a trade

I thought he had to be released before 3-20

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Cowboys FO has never met a microphone or reporter they dind't feel the need to announce their every intention to.

Once again they have to leverage. Their best best now is to find another team willing to swap "problem" players. (Not that I feel Cooper is a problem).

Miami allegedly inquired about Cooper. They are also supposedly not thrilled with 2020 1st rounder Austin Jackson. Something like that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Cooper probably voiced his thoughts about Hack Prescott to management and that's a no-no to go "against the family" as Michael Corleone would say.
He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.......

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Cowboys FO has never met a microphone or reporter they dind't feel the need to announce their every intention to.

Once again they have to leverage. Their best best now is to find another team willing to swap "problem" players. (Not that I feel Cooper is a problem).

Miami allegedly inquired about Cooper. They are also supposedly not thrilled with 2020 1st rounder Austin Jackson. Something like that.

Jerruh sees a Microphone and crowd and he starts getting the sweats. It’s like crack to him.