Rapoport: Rivers and Brees are retiring

erod

Reaction score
Allen has been very accurate throwing the ball over the season as a whole. Yes he has had a few poor games with his arm but generally he has played great.
Yes, he's playing better, and I like him a lot.

But he still throws some head-scratching air mails way too often.

Cannon of an arm though. Wow.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sean Peyton must be really impressed with the ring-side seat to Dak’s 111 yards passing in 2018 and 148 yards passing in 2019 against his defense. The Saints really had a hard time figuring Dak out in 2019; after the Miami game when the Cowboys offense was the “most explosive, amazing offense ever” and couldn’t be stopped.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Payton took Brees with his shoulder recovery being unknown, and Brees had a HOF career. Winston has shown flashes of very good quarterback play, if Payton is such a quarterback "guru", who's to say he can't turn Winston into a SB winning quarterback? If nothing else, having Kamara, Thomas and a stout defense is a good start...

Yeah and belichick had cam after Brady. We all know how that went. Dont hold your breath on Winston.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No offense, but I'm going by what Payton said until they do something otherwise. He's spent a season with Winston and speaks highly of him. It's not as if he doesn't have talent.

And yet, you think it's a given that they're going with a rookie or an unknown free agent, based on nothing. I should be selling YOU something. :muttley:

Well if you believe anything a person says who speaks with high regard of another than you are the perfect sucker to sell something to.

Perfect candidate :thumbup:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Sean Peyton must be really impressed with the ring-side seat to Dak’s 111 yards passing in 2018 and 148 yards passing in 2019 against his defense. The Saints really had a hard time figuring Dak out in 2019; after the Miami game when the Cowboys offense was the “most explosive, amazing offense ever” and couldn’t be stopped.

I'm not saying Prescott is a great QB, but your stats are off by a significant amount. Prescott had 249 yards in 2018(24 completions on 28 attempts) and 223 yards in 2019. I understand being critical of Dak or any player, but you don't have to make up poor stats to do so.

Also, if the logic is that Payton has witnessed poor performances, then that also holds true for Jameis Winston.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm not saying Prescott is a great QB, but your stats are off by a significant amount. Prescott had 249 yards in 2018(24 completions on 28 attempts) and 223 yards in 2019. I understand being critical of Dak or any player, but you don't have to make up poor stats to do so.

Also, if the logic is that Payton has witnessed poor performances, then that also holds true for Jameis Winston.

Or you know it could be a mistake, where I flipped the numbers between the Saints passing yardage and the Cowboys.

I mean that would be the obvious choice, not that I’d just happen to pick some random numbers that happened to be exactly what the Saints passing attack got with our ‘garbage defense’, unless your saying I should probably playing the Powerball with that ‘lucky accuracy.

But of course all “that yardage” still led to a whopping 13 points in 2018 and 10 points in 2019.

Sean Payton was a witness of truly legendary QB play by Dak Prescott..