Raptors reportedly considering Carter trade

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
FOXSports.com

The Portland Trail Blazers and Toronto Raptors are reportedly talking about a seven-player blockbuster trade involving Vince Carter that could amount to a wish granted for the disgruntled superstar, according to a broadcast report.

Carter was quite outspoken last summer about his desire to be traded, but the Raptors were hopeful he would change his tune after some time playing for head coach Sam Mitchell.

The reported deal has Carter, Jalen Rose and two unnamed players headed for Portland. The Raptors, meanwhile, would acquire Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Vladimir Stepania and Derek Anderson.

Citing unnamed sources close to the situation, the Toronto Sun reported the Blazers have been left waiting for the Raptors to decide if they want to move forward with the trade.

Mitchell has not hesitated to bench Carter at times, and the newspaper says the team is not running many plays for Carter, who has not been an effective player on defense.

The trade could prove useful for the Raptors, who would be getting players in Abdur-Rahim, and Anderson whose contracts will expire after this season. The team could find itself with more salary cap space this summer.

On the other hand, Toronto would be forced to sell the talents of Chris Bosh to the Raptors' fan base. Why? If the proposed trade happens, the team faces the prospect of rebuilding the team around him.

As for the Blazers, they were reportedly shopping Abdur-Rahim long before the season opened. If the former California star is not traded, Portland would risk losing him to free agency this summer — while receiving nothing in return.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
as a tar heel fan i am glad that he is heading out of Toronto but to fudging Portland?